Re: Drawing from the right brain

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003
      Melody,

      An excellent book, which you may or may not already know about,
      is:
      "Zen Seeing, Zen Drawing: Meditation in Action
      by Frederick Franck

      an excerpt:

      "When the eye wakes up to see again, it suddenly stops
      taking anything for granted. The thing I draw, be it a
      leaf, rosebush, woman or child, is no longer a thing,
      no longer my "object" over and against which i am the
      supercilious "subject". The split is healed. When i
      am drawing leaf or caterpillar or human face, it is at
      once de-thingified. I say yes to its existence.
      By drawing it, I dignify, I declare it worthy of total
      attention as I am myself, for sheer existence is the
      awesome mystery and miracle we share."

      many happy cartwheels,

      freyja