Re: [Meditation Society of America] Depression

  • shekhar karandikar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2002
      Shree Swami Samarth

      Hi
      Can u analyze yourself and word the reason why exactly
      u feel depressed? Is there any particular time slot of
      a day in which u feel depressed? What signals your
      body gives when you feel depressed?Do you started
      feeling depressed because of some incidence that has
      happened to you?

      If u can reply in answer to above I will try to help
      you in the matter. I am practicing meditation for last
      many years and train people in relaxation &
      meditationa and self hynosis.

      I will be happy if i can be of service to you.In case
      you want to send me personal mail my id is
      shekhark99@...

      God bless you

      chandrashekhar

      http://health.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Question from an email:
        > I was wondering if you could recommend any techniques for
        depression?
        > I DO hope that you'll reply because nobody has responded to my
        > question on other sites
        > Hope you'll reply

        I did reply privately (in part) this way, and thought I should share
        this point:
        "As a health care professional (Psych RN), I urge you to seek your
        doctors help. So often, medication is the real need and meditation a
        very good addition."
        It is attributed to Mahatma Gandi that he was once berated by someone
        for teaching people how to sew and thereby make anough money to live
        on, and for not teaching them to meditate. Ghandi answered "You can't
        meditate when you're body is hungry. You will not be able to
        concentrate. So first, you must be able to earn money so you can eat
        enough to satisfy the hunger". Similarly, if your bodily chemistry is
        out of whack, as it often is in depression, you won't be able to
        concentrate. There is nothing wrong with taking medicine. Sometimes it
        is the best way to satisfy mental and emotional hunger. And then,
        concentration is possible, and any technique will "work"