Re: Meditation in Education

    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2002
      Dear Bobby,
      This is so fantastic. If every parent would take similar actions, we
      wouldn't need Meditation in Education in our schools. Beautiful!
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "texasbg2000"
      <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > Dear Bob
      >
      > I became a single parent in '79 when my two boys were 3 and 5 years
      > old.
      >
      > I wanted to give them the tool of meditation. They were around 5 and
      > 7 when I judged them to be ready. When they got too active and
      > needed to quieten is when I insisted they meditate. I showed them
      > how to count their breaths, one on the intake, two on the outbreath,
      > three on the next in breath, four on the out breath, and so on.
      Then

    • freyjartist@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2003
        CARMELABOB@a...</A>

        Hi Bob,

        Speaking of Bob from Malaga, would i be welcome
        to get in touch with him re: the meditation in education
        endeavor?

        I was informally incorporating breathing, visualizations
        and relaxation techniques before
        my art classes when i was teaching in a school
        for special kids a few years ago. I received
        no resistance from them, and they even asked
        for it. Another thing i did was to spray diluted rose oil
        in the classroom between classes to change the ions from positive to
        negative--
        works like a thunderstorm does.

        I continue to witness all the stress all kids are
        under these days, and i feel especially motivated
        to make a concerted effort to join in on this endeavor
        on a larger scale, to help make stress management
        more of a priority,
        as you say, sooner rather than later.
        It seems very do-able. Time to walk the talk.

        will keep you posted,

        thank you Bob,

        Freyja

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, freyjartist@a...
          wrote:
          > For anyone wanting to get in touch with Bob from Malaga, his
          emailaddress is:<A
          HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/meditationsoci
          etyofamerica/post?protectID=1370172370630400891621
          34075143114253078105139218183041">
          > CARMELABOB@a...</A>
          >
          > Hi Bob,
          >
          > Speaking of Bob from Malaga, would i be welcome
          > to get in touch with him re: the meditation in education
          > endeavor?

          Hi,
          I'm sure that Bob would love it. He actually has a Meditation in
          Education article in the same issue of The Inner Traveler that I
          mentioned before, whose URL is at:
          http://www.meditationsociety.com/it35738/index.html
          He seemingly never says no to any seeker about anything.

          > I was informally incorporating breathing, visualizations
          > and relaxation techniques before
          > my art classes when i was teaching in a school
          > for special kids a few years ago. I received
          > no resistance from them, and they even asked
          > for it. Another thing i did was to spray diluted rose oil
          > in the classroom between classes to change the ions from positive
          > negative--
          > works like a thunderstorm does.
          >
          > I continue to witness all the stress all kids are
          > under these days, and i feel especially motivated
          > to make a concerted effort to join in on this endeavor
          > on a larger scale, to help make stress management
          > more of a priority,
          > as you say, sooner rather than later.
          > It seems very do-able. Time to walk the talk.
          >
          > will keep you posted,
          >
          > thank you Bob,
          >
          > Freyja

          Beautiful!!!