Depression

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2002
      Question from an email:
      I was wondering if you could recommend any techniques for depression?
      I DO hope that you'll reply because nobody has responded to my
      question on other sites
      Hope you'll reply
    • shekhar karandikar
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2002
        Shree Swami Samarth

        Hi
        Can u analyze yourself and word the reason why exactly
        u feel depressed? Is there any particular time slot of
        a day in which u feel depressed? What signals your
        body gives when you feel depressed?Do you started
        feeling depressed because of some incidence that has
        happened to you?

        If u can reply in answer to above I will try to help
        you in the matter. I am practicing meditation for last
        many years and train people in relaxation &
        meditationa and self hynosis.

        I will be happy if i can be of service to you.In case
        you want to send me personal mail my id is
        shekhark99@...

        God bless you

        chandrashekhar

        http://health.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Question from an email:
          > I was wondering if you could recommend any techniques for
          depression?
          > I DO hope that you'll reply because nobody has responded to my
          > question on other sites
          > Hope you'll reply

          I did reply privately (in part) this way, and thought I should share
          this point:
          "As a health care professional (Psych RN), I urge you to seek your
          doctors help. So often, medication is the real need and meditation a
          very good addition."
          It is attributed to Mahatma Gandi that he was once berated by someone
          for teaching people how to sew and thereby make anough money to live
          on, and for not teaching them to meditate. Ghandi answered "You can't
          meditate when you're body is hungry. You will not be able to
          concentrate. So first, you must be able to earn money so you can eat
          enough to satisfy the hunger". Similarly, if your bodily chemistry is
          out of whack, as it often is in depression, you won't be able to
          concentrate. There is nothing wrong with taking medicine. Sometimes it
          is the best way to satisfy mental and emotional hunger. And then,
          concentration is possible, and any technique will "work"