Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation, Metabolism and Other Questions

  • Tony Perez
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 7:29 PM
      Kaaya,
      I do meditation to relax me...so I guess that means my metabolism would slow down. I do a short little "yoga-like" routine before going into meditation. Generally, I do this at night; usually, I would have eaten by then. My meal schedule rarely factors into when I decide to meditate. Sometimes I too have problems staying focused. Really, if I'm not in the mood to meditate...it doesn't work. Generally, I start out staring at either a candle or a unique object. Then I close my eyes and try to maintain the image in my mind and hold that image without any distractions for as long as I can. I usually always have New Age music playing; that actually helps me rather than distract me. I've tried meditating in absolute silence but I just can't get into it. The music purges my mind of all frustrations so my concentration won't drift.

      Hope this helps.
      Achhaa,