Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 338

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      On the gateless commune we had people of various types that included,
      amongst others, the Superrappers, the Impossibles and the Basket Cases.
      Each was a kind of 'teacher,' -- the Superrapper taught you to just
      listen to the verbiage as if it was someting in nature, like a babbling brook.

      The Impossibles taught you that waking up to having a loaded
      pistol waved in your face although unpleasant, especially if accompanied
      by screaming rage, could present one with the challenge of retainng one's
      equipoise in the face of possible death.

      The Basket Cases were the least intrusive, usually quite happy to just
      lie around and not be troublesome. although basically incapable of
      contributing to the daily ebb and flow of practical details.

      There were also the attention junkies, which of course was one trait
      of the Superrappers and the Impossibles as well.

      Judi's "Neti Neti' teaching I believe is tainted by her attention junkie
      taunts and put-downs. I respect the purist perspective she defends,
      but the packaging proves she has not attained full awakening
      or her heart would overflow for all creatures -- not just animals.
      It very easy to love animals. She seems determined to be the last
      one to cross over. That's a tough job.

      "C'mon in, Judi! The water's just perfect!"