Re: Daily Practice (who i am)

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
      <<****** You see, yogis are in the business of rising to exalted
      states, which is totally laughable from the realzers perspective.
      Masturbation. :-) It's all in their head. :-)

      Judi>>

      What does this have to do with what Jan said?

      I believe you are referring to siddhis, of which there is nothing wrong
      with in and of themselves. If the yogis stay there exclusively, and believe
      the siddhis to be the be-all and end-all, well, yes that is
      where they will stay. However, siddhis can still remain
      into full realization. It is just a phenomenon, like anything else.

      Again, the bottom line is attachment or personal involvement.

      Freyja

    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, freyjartist@a...
        wrote:
        > <<****** You see, yogis are in the business of rising to exalted
        > states, which is totally laughable from the realzers perspective.
        > Masturbation. :-) It's all in their head. :-)
        >
        > Judi>>
        >
        > What does this have to do with what Jan said?
        >
        > I believe you are referring to siddhis, of which there is nothing
        wrong
        > with in and of themselves. If the yogis stay there exclusively,
        and believe
        > the siddhis to be the be-all and end-all, well, yes that is
        > where they will stay. However, siddhis can still remain
        > into full realization. It is just a phenomenon, like anything
        else.

        > Again, the bottom line is attachment or personal involvement.
        >
        > Freyja

        ****** Personal attachment and involvement are a problem for you, not
        for me. That's the difference. None of that bothers me in the least.
        That's because you're still in the business of trying to avoid pain,
        I am not. Tears come and go. It's the "richness" of being human.
        The realzier is the "lamb of god" in other words. He is not in the
        business of avoiding.

        Judi

      • freyjartist@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          <<******* Your problem is not my problem unless I make it so.
          That's why I tend to stay away from people with "problems".
          They're a drag to be around. If it's not one thing, it's another,
          trouble, trouble, trouble, never really happy, bitch, bitch, bitch,
          whine, whine, whine. I need, I need, I need. Sheesh! Please move
          your foot out of the way so I can close the door. :-) And yes to a
          realizer it's not REALLY a problem, cause he sees it's all in your
          head! Your're creating your shit yourself.>>

          LOL

          Actually, we see things very much alike.
          You dont know the clowns i have come up against in
          my life! Yet, i know i am the clown too.
          So that is why case is closed on this one
          with me. Ain't got nothing to defend, dont feel
          like nit-picking or semanticizing.
          So no going round and round with a never-ending story.

          And the nice thing is that who i know you
          to be has not changed....and i mean that
          in the highest sense.

          Everyone is the same to me. Whether or not i seek
          out their company, or not, whether they need to be
          yelled at or not.....still.....all the same to me.

          cheers,

          Freyja

        • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
            freyjartist@a... wrote:
            > <<****** You see, yogis are in the business of rising to exalted
            > states, which is totally laughable from the realzers perspective.
            > Masturbation. :-) It's all in their head. :-)
            >
            > Judi>>
            >
            > What does this have to do with what Jan said?
            >
            > I believe you are referring to siddhis, of which there is nothing
            wrong
            > with in and of themselves. If the yogis stay there exclusively,
            and believe
            > the siddhis to be the be-all and end-all, well, yes that is
            > where they will stay. However, siddhis can still remain
            > into full realization. It is just a phenomenon, like anything else.
            >
            > Again, the bottom line is attachment or personal involvement.
            >
            > Freyja

            G: siddhis can be ego traps and can lead one into chasing more
            phenomena .... this is why i say it is best to avoid them and let
            them fall away.... yes they do arise on the way... and are simply
            milestones nothing more ....

            they are not the goal nor do they bring peace or happiness....

            shanti om ..g..
          • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
              wrote:
              > <<******* Your problem is not my problem unless I make it so.
              > That's why I tend to stay away from people with "problems".
              > They're a drag to be around. If it's not one thing, it's another,
              > trouble, trouble, trouble, never really happy, bitch, bitch, bitch,
              > whine, whine, whine. I need, I need, I need. Sheesh! Please move
              > your foot out of the way so I can close the door. :-) And yes to a
              > realizer it's not REALLY a problem, cause he sees it's all in your
              > head! Your're creating your shit yourself.>>
              >
              > LOL
              >
              > Actually, we see things very much alike.
              > You dont know the clowns i have come up against in
              > my life! Yet, i know i am the clown too.
              > So that is why case is closed on this one
              > with me. Ain't got nothing to defend, dont feel
              > like nit-picking or semanticizing.
              > So no going round and round with a never-ending story.
              >
              > And the nice thing is that who i know you
              > to be has not changed....and i mean that
              > in the highest sense.
              >
              > Everyone is the same to me. Whether or not i seek
              > out their company, or not, whether they need to be
              > yelled at or not.....still.....all the same to me.
              >

              > cheers,
              >
              > Freyja

              ****** Yes, I'll tell you funny story, I always got such a kick out
              of my mother and my aunt. Thye'd roll their eyes and say, boy, sounds
              like that guy's got a "personal" problem. :-) I chuckle. :-) And it's
              true, all the weird shit that goes on the world, you can rest assure,
              there's a "personal problem" at the bottom of it. :-)

              Judi
            • freyjartist@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
                <<Here you'll probably like this written by my friend
                James:>>

                ....yes, i really did like this, thank you!

                All my animal companions over the years have been some of the best teachers,
                as well as best friends.

                Of course, i didnt get to enjoy my hermit crab
                Fenwick, for very long, because he was murdered, by some idiots who decided
                to get it high on pot. Well, that is why i assumed it died, but i
                dont really know. It was fun to blame it on the perpetrators for a while,
                though.
                :-)

                freyja

                <<Though I cannot put my finger on it, nor can I quote it verbatim, I
                am reminded of the Whitman poem where he said (paraphrased):

                I could live with the animals.
                They are so self contained.
                They do not lie awake at night
                Weeping and worrying.
                There is not a one of them
                That bows to one of their own kind
                Who lived years ago.

                I know exactly where I stand with my cats. They are not nice to my
                face and critical of me to my back. This is not to say that they
                don't get pissed at me at times... But when they do, they let me know
                in no uncertain terms that they are pissed. And all I have to do is
                rectify whatever it was/is that is pissing them off, and everything
                is once again alright with no grudge or secret disdain.

                And they know to come to me when they are in some kind of trouble or
                have some kind of problem. Yet they also have a sense of those things
                over which I have no power. I have had a number of them just
                disappear, never to be seen again. But this is rare and only happens
                when the circumstances are beyond intervention.

                There is an axiom that the only REAL success in life is spending
                one's time the way one WANTS to spend one's time. And for those who
                have this compulsion to worry about one's relationship to goodness,
                it is an evidence of their doubt.

                A person whose attitude is one of care-free abandon, who doesn't
                worry about what they should do, but rather just does what seems to
                be efficacious at the time for THAT occasion, and then whether it
                turns out well or otherwise has no recriminations or regrets... That
                person is healthy in a spiritual way.

                Those who are constantly mindful of their and others relationships to
                whatever it is that they are in constant supplication or apprehension
                are the spiritual equivalent of a hypochondriac. The problem is that
                in spiritual hypochondria, there is no one who can help, for those
                who are spiritual hypochondriacs believe themselves to be in favor
                and anyone who would tell them to just drop all the bullshit
                concerns, MUST be some kind of infidel.

                Those who most want you to listen to and accept their religion are
                those who least want to listen to and accept another's religion. And
                those who most want others to be tolerant of them are the least
                tolerant of others.

                This never occurs among my cats.

                There isn't a doubt in the world that what they do isn't the right
                thing to do at the moment. I try to learn that lesson from them and
                act out of immediate comprehension of the right thing at the right
                time.

                It isn't, of course, always the right thing that gets done, but at
                least it is not done with any deviousness, nor with the idea of
                taking advantage.

                And I think that THAT is what makes plotting a good tryst so much
                fun. The intrigue of having things affect multiple levels and having
                the plan interlock so that what happens is the result of having
                understood, planned, and then have the whole thing fit together and
                come out just like it was hoped, brings satisfaction.

                Alas, life and the day to day, ever changing, hour to hour, custom
                made, minute to minute existence is so manifold and complex, that it
                isn't possible to completely prepare for every eventuality.

                It is the difference between training and rehearsing. The difference
                between Boxing and Dancing.

                The Dancers rehearse and then the performance is done with every move
                pre known.

                But Boxers train, and are then thus prepared to take improvisational
                action depending on the circumstances, even when the opponents are
                trying to confound and out-do the other.

                My father used to say that after you've seen the three
                MuhammedAli/JoeFrazier fights, that there just wasn't much boxing
                left that wasn't inferior and less than what was possible.

                Life is more a boxing match than a ballet performance.

                How well we handle it (life) is an indication of how good a man (or
                woman) we are.

                And Perfex handled even her demise with style and grace. She will be
                buried in the same manner.
                She deserves nothing less.>>