Who

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Jeff writes:
      >who outside of our own consciousness
      >can tell us what happened to us,
      >other than by ridiculously naive
      >appraisal, and who can know the extent
      >or veracity of our report of our new
      >condition, let alone tell us which
      >"page" we are on?

      >That is the question.

      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      Who?

      Richard J. Davidson (Director of the Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience and the W.M. Keck
      Laboratory for Functional Brain Imaging and Behavior at the University of Wisconsin at Madison).

      He was a member of a scientific team doing neuroscientific investigations of exceptional mental abilities
      in advanced Tibetan monks. See his chapter in "Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the
      Dalai Lama -- by Daniel Goleman.

      Seems like the more your left frontal lobe lights up, the more, er, 'optimistic' you are.
      Right frontal lights up for pessimists. Anyone up for getting measured? You can put
      your cortext in context!
    • Jeff Belyea <jeff@suiteonedesign.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Ramon Sender <
        rabar@m...> wrote:
        > Jeff writes:
        > >who outside of our own consciousness
        > >can tell us what happened to us,
        > >other than by ridiculously naive
        > >appraisal, and who can know the extent
        > >or veracity of our report of our new
        > >condition, let alone tell us which
        > >"page" we are on?
        >
        > >That is the question.
        >
        > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        > Who?
        >
        > Richard J. Davidson (Director of the Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience and the W.M. Keck
        > Laboratory for Functional Brain Imaging and Behavior at the University of Wisconsin at Madison).
        >
        > He was a member of a scientific team doing neuroscientific investigations of exceptional mental abilities
        > in advanced Tibetan monks. See his chapter in "Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the
        > Dalai Lama -- by Daniel Goleman.
        >
        > Seems like the more your left frontal lobe lights up, the more, er, 'optimistic' you are.
        > Right frontal lights up for pessimists. Anyone up for getting measured? You can put
        > your cortext in context!

        Beam me up, Ray Sender.
        See you in Cambridge.

        Thanks,