Re: [Meditation Society of America] Help Needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2002
      Response from sender of origional Email:
      Thank you so much for calming, thoughtful and helpful advice. I
      really appreciate all you said. The other two e.mails from the
      society were really helpful too. I will take your advice and am now
      feeling more positive about the coming month. It is not going to be
      easy, but your ideas have helped greatly to support me. Thank you.
      Peace and love

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony Perez" <tjperez@m...>
      wrote:
      > Kayaa,
      >
      > Much of what you said also describes me. I too get distracted
      easily, my mind wanders and its difficult for me to remember stuff.
      I'm not sure what the "best" answer is but when was in college, the
      method that helped me the most was to surround myself with friends who
      were in the same class and participate in study sessions. I usually
      tried to find someone in the department to be a "role model" (usually
      a female that I "liked") for me and to know everything she knew; that
      would give me an incentive to learn so I could keep up with her.

      > That's my input!
      > Achhaa

      England
      > and the next four weeks of study are going to be very challenging.
      > find it hard to concentrate and remember information. I have
      > irregular sleeping patterns, am deeply affected by other people's
      > words and actions which always distract me. I enjoy people's
      company
      > but also like being alone. I suppose I am very intense person. I
      am
      > not a very logical/organised person. I take great interest in
      > everything and somehow manage to always learn/remember irrelevant
      > information for my course. I will be given an essay title/exam
      > question and then I will do anything to read around the topic and
      > then end up with a muddled mass of information. I find it
      difficult
      > to plan my ideas and express them. The irony of this is that I
      know I
      > am doing it but somehow cannot stop. I have a strong faith in God,
      > but however much I pray and try to be disciplined in thought, it
      does
      > not work. Have you any suggestions tohelp me concentrate on my
      > studies and exams for this month? I would really appreciate any
      > advice.
      > Many thanks
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.