Quotations from The Hua Hu Ching

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      Those who are highly evolved
      maintain an undiscriminating perception.
      Seeing everything, labelling nothing,
      they maintain their awareness of the Great Oneness.
      Thus they are supported by it.

      To manage your mind, know that there is nothing,
      and then relinquish all attachment to nothingness

      Nothing is the same as something infinitely separated.
      Understanding our condition is dependent on the paradox that we exist
      and prove we do not. In this is our separation and infinite capacity
      for encompassing our distancing.

      The idea of emptiness and form coexisting is easily explained by my
      opening my hand and offering you an orange. The orange does not exist
      but we can agree on its shape approx. size, colour and even taste. It
      is empty and yet has form.

      Recently scientists have 'allowed' matter to come into being where
      there was none. Showing that form can come from emptiness as long as
      something is there to observe it. It is this condition of the observer
      that seems to negate the idea of complete emptiness.
      Even in complete emptiness we have the idea of something existing. In
      complete annihilation there is the thought of something, the memory of
      time. If nothing is there to witness that event, then we have
      something.

      That however is not emptiness. Existence is not dependent on God but
      dependent on Nothing. God is part of Everything and therefore can only
      exist, know and Be. The idea of an Existence or Being beyond the
      duality of Being and Non-Being is an attempt to bring the finitely
      dependent beyond the infinite and still remain existent.
    • mlcanow <mlcanow@yahoo.es>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Those who are highly evolved
        > maintain an undiscriminating perception.
        > Seeing everything, labelling nothing,
        > they maintain their awareness of the Great Oneness.
        > Thus they are supported by it.
        >
        > To manage your mind, know that there is nothing,
        > and then relinquish all attachment to nothingness
        >

        > Nothing is the same as something infinitely separated.
        > Understanding our condition is dependent on the paradox that we
        exist
        > and prove we do not. In this is our separation and infinite capacity
        > for encompassing our distancing.
        >
        > The idea of emptiness and form coexisting is easily explained by my
        > opening my hand and offering you an orange. The orange does not
        exist
        > but we can agree on its shape approx. size, colour and even taste.
        It
        > is empty and yet has form.
        >
        > Recently scientists have 'allowed' matter to come into being where
        > there was none. Showing that form can come from emptiness as long as
        > something is there to observe it. It is this condition of the
        observer
        > that seems to negate the idea of complete emptiness.
        > Even in complete emptiness we have the idea of something existing.
        In
        > complete annihilation there is the thought of something, the memory
        of
        > time. If nothing is there to witness that event, then we have
        > something.
        >
        > That however is not emptiness. Existence is not dependent on God but
        > dependent on Nothing. God is part of Everything and therefore can
        only
        > exist, know and Be. The idea of an Existence or Being beyond the
        > duality of Being and Non-Being is an attempt to bring the finitely
        > dependent beyond the infinite and still remain existent.

        It's incredibly amazing all the effort we do to try to describe that
        which we know, that beauty, that immense something-nothing that
        embraces everything. Words are quite limited still. Maybe some day
        another language, love language, silence language, whatever language,
        may describe it more accurately, although right now this languages
        are in use, everyday, and some understand them, some others (mostly)
        do not. Awakening the heart makes these languages more available and
        comprehensible. Then two (souls?) become one in knowing (love?). The
        most beautiful something.
        Suddenly i can see that this is what ego tries and tries to do all
        the time, to melt in something, but so limitatingly via clinging to
        the ideas and expectations. Well, here come the words again, so let's
        just stop.

        Thank you so much for these wise words,
        melting in the "I" that "you" ARE, and letting it go to nothing-
        everything.

        Immense love in the beauty of pure existence,
        maria luisa
      • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Those who are highly evolved
          > maintain an undiscriminating perception.
          > Seeing everything, labelling nothing,
          > they maintain their awareness of the Great Oneness.
          > Thus they are supported by it.
          >
          > To manage your mind, know that there is nothing,
          > and then relinquish all attachment to nothingness
          >

          > Nothing is the same as something infinitely separated.
          > Understanding our condition is dependent on the paradox that
          we exist
          > and prove we do not. In this is our separation and infinite
          capacity
          > for encompassing our distancing.
          >
          > The idea of emptiness and form coexisting is easily explained
          by my
          > opening my hand and offering you an orange. The orange
          does not exist
          > but we can agree on its shape approx. size, colour and even
          taste. It
          > is empty and yet has form.
          >
          > Recently scientists have 'allowed' matter to come into being
          where
          > there was none. Showing that form can come from emptiness
          as long as
          > something is there to observe it. It is this condition of the
          observer
          > that seems to negate the idea of complete emptiness.
          > Even in complete emptiness we have the idea of something
          existing. In
          > complete annihilation there is the thought of something, the
          memory of
          > time. If nothing is there to witness that event, then we have
          > something.
          >
          > That however is not emptiness. Existence is not dependent on
          God but
          > dependent on Nothing. God is part of Everything and therefore
          can only
          > exist, know and Be. The idea of an Existence or Being beyond
          the
          > duality of Being and Non-Being is an attempt to bring the
          finitely
          > dependent beyond the infinite and still remain existent.

          G: great quote....

          shanti om ..g..
        • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
            "mlcanow <mlcanow@y...>" <mlcanow@y...> wrote:

            > i can see that this is what ego tries and tries to do all
            > the time, to melt in something, but so limitatingly via clinging to
            > the ideas and expectations. Well, here come the words again,...

            it was nice reading the whole post,
            thank you maria luise, I belive that
            there is one true language: the

            language of the heart