Help Needed

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2002
      Message from email:
      Hello,
      I was wondering if you could help me.
      I have greatly benefited from your website as it has helped me to
      relax. Thank you. I am a final year student (BA Arabic) from England
      and the next four weeks of study are going to be very challenging. I
      find it hard to concentrate and remember information. I have
      irregular sleeping patterns, am deeply affected by other people's
      words and actions which always distract me. I enjoy people's company
      but also like being alone. I suppose I am very intense person. I am
      not a very logical/organised person. I take great interest in
      everything and somehow manage to always learn/remember irrelevant
      information for my course. I will be given an essay title/exam
      question and then I will do anything to read around the topic and
      then end up with a muddled mass of information. I find it difficult
      to plan my ideas and express them. The irony of this is that I know I
      am doing it but somehow cannot stop. I have a strong faith in God,
      but however much I pray and try to be disciplined in thought, it does
      not work. Have you any suggestions tohelp me concentrate on my
      studies and exams for this month? I would really appreciate any
      advice.
      Many thanks
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2002
        Please be patient and realize that "Thy will be done" is a truth. If
        your
        intension is righteous, what is good for you and everyone and
        everything in the universe will come to your aid. I have an intuitive
        feeling that this is the situation in your case. Witness your life as
        it takes place and don't judge the events as good or bad. Please
        see that even situations that humble you are some of the best for
        spiritual elevation and evolution. It takes maturity for things
        like being able to be unreactive to "other people's words and
        actions", but in time, that will happen and the distractions will
        cease
        or become learning experiences. The thing I recommend for now is to
        continue to pray and meditate. Affirmations will probably
        help you at this time. Things like "I will succeed in my studies",
        "What I need to know will be revealed to me", "I concentrate
        exactly as needed to learn what I need to understand", and similar
        thoughts can be repeated many times daily, and will serve as a
        healthy beneficial way to fill your mind. A mind filled with
        positivity is prevented from dwelling on negative thoughts. I hope
        this helps.
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose, President,
        Meditation Society of America

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Message from email:
        > Hello,
        > I was wondering if you could help me.
        > I have greatly benefited from your website as it has helped me to
        > relax. Thank you. I am a final year student (BA Arabic) from
        England
        > and the next four weeks of study are going to be very challenging.
        > find it hard to concentrate and remember information. I have
        > irregular sleeping patterns, am deeply affected by other people's
        > words and actions which always distract me. I enjoy people's
        company
        > but also like being alone. I suppose I am very intense person. I
        am
        > not a very logical/organised person. I take great interest in
        > everything and somehow manage to always learn/remember irrelevant
        > information for my course. I will be given an essay title/exam
        > question and then I will do anything to read around the topic and
        > then end up with a muddled mass of information. I find it difficult
        > to plan my ideas and express them. The irony of this is that I know
        > am doing it but somehow cannot stop. I have a strong faith in God,
        > but however much I pray and try to be disciplined in thought, it
        does
        > not work. Have you any suggestions tohelp me concentrate on my
        > studies and exams for this month? I would really appreciate any
        > advice.
        > Many thanks
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2002
          There is a technique mentioned in Raja Yoga for mental endeavors.
          It goes like this:

          Focus on each bit of information clearly and imagine a trapdoor that
          leads to your mind. Imagine the info going in the trapdoor. Tell the
          mind to 'attend to this' if it is a problem or 'Remember this' if
          that is recquired. Then close the trap door with the confident
          expectation of success. Continue this way and get a good night sleep
          with the belief of success.

          The mind IS what you really believe it is.

          Love
          Bobby G.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 27 5:52 AM
            As you know, if you've been following the posts for a while, I
            sometimes post email questions I have received directly from our web
            site, Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com or from
            other people (often Meditation Society of America members) so as to
            allow the members of this list to add their input. This has been very
            beneficial in the past, and I thank you in advance for continuing to
            help answer these questions, and thereby bring clarity to the writers.
            Here's one we received yesterday and just got permission to post here.
            I usually offer to post the questions without the authors name or
            email address, but in this case, he is very anxious that it be shared
            and even offered to forward his picture if that helps you in your
            guidance. Here is Avanish's letter, and his email address is
            avinashrawal2001@...
            if you want to contact him off-line.

            Dear Sir,

            I am Avinash Rawal from New Delhi (INDIA). I have done
            Reiki course of Ist ,IInd ,IIIrd and Mastership about
            6 years ago and have done Magnify healing and since
            then I have taken in attunement many times directly
            and distant attunement and also attended many Reiki
            classes with many Reiki grand Masters to get the flow
            of Reiki in my body. But I don't feel the energy flow
            in my hands and body. There is blockage some where and
            I feel blockage in many parts of my body. When ever I
            tried to heal my self and others I feel some energy
            pressure on my Crown Chakra but the energy does not
            flow in side and in to my hands.

            I shall be great full if you could help me out and
            remove all my blockage. Please let me know If you can
            distant attunement or healing for me or any thing else
            which will cure me. If you need my picture I can send
            you by email.

            Thanks & Regards
            Avinash Rawal
          • mlcanow <mlcanow@yahoo.es>
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 27 8:40 AM
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > As you know, if you've been following the posts for a while, I
              > sometimes post email questions I have received directly from our web
              > site, Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com or from
              > other people (often Meditation Society of America members) so as to
              > allow the members of this list to add their input. This has been
              very
              > beneficial in the past, and I thank you in advance for continuing to
              > help answer these questions, and thereby bring clarity to the
              writers.
              > Here's one we received yesterday and just got permission to post
              here.
              > I usually offer to post the questions without the authors name or
              > email address, but in this case, he is very anxious that it be
              shared
              > and even offered to forward his picture if that helps you in your
              > guidance. Here is Avanish's letter, and his email address is
              > avinashrawal2001@y...
              > if you want to contact him off-line.

              BEAUTIFUL WORK YOU ARE DOING.
              MUCH LOVE. I WAS MOOVED TO REPLY TO AVINASH. THIS REPLY IS AT THE END
              OF THIS POST.

              > Dear Sir,
              >
              > I am Avinash Rawal from New Delhi (INDIA). I have done
              > Reiki course of Ist ,IInd ,IIIrd and Mastership about
              > 6 years ago and have done Magnify healing and since
              > then I have taken in attunement many times directly
              > and distant attunement and also attended many Reiki
              > classes with many Reiki grand Masters to get the flow
              > of Reiki in my body. But I don't feel the energy flow
              > in my hands and body. There is blockage some where and
              > I feel blockage in many parts of my body. When ever I
              > tried to heal my self and others I feel some energy
              > pressure on my Crown Chakra but the energy does not
              > flow in side and in to my hands.
              >
              > I shall be great full if you could help me out and
              > remove all my blockage. Please let me know If you can
              > distant attunement or healing for me or any thing else
              > which will cure me. If you need my picture I can send
              > you by email.
              >
              > Thanks & Regards
              > Avinash Rawal

              Dear Avinash,

              I would venture in trying to clarify some point about Reiki.
              And about blockage.

              As you may know, the main learning in Reiki training is to accept
              that "we" are no healers. What we are is an instrument. There is not
              a healer there. All there IS, is Reiki, (just to use this language).

              Reiki is one more of the many ways of approaching the Truth of Self.
              But we tend to "use" it as a way to achieve our personal wants and
              desires. Reiki does not function this way.
              When we accept our role as an instrument, we stay in silence, leaving
              the ego aside. We just accept whatever comes. We just accept and
              surrender to whatever consecuence may come. In this surrendering, all
              the blockages are releived. And this is the real healing.
              The real attuning is Silence. And Silence is of mind and all of its
              imagination. To let ego aside means to not get involved with
              anything, with any thought. To leave ego aside, is silence, is
              acceptance, is "no-one" accepting. And THIS is attunement.

              When you stop desiring even your good health, THIS is relief, this is
              real liberation.

              The blockage you say you have, is a game mind is playing. This is the
              way mind is. It is a blockage in itself.
              So my recommendation from the Heart is to leave mind, ideas,
              thoughts, involvement, immagination, etc, aside. And you will surely
              get relief, you will be relieved from mind, though your body feels
              this and that. It is only a body, not a great deal.
              To gain liberation from mind is to achieve the best you can get from
              life: Peace.

              By the way, REIKI is a beautiful mean to LIBERATION.
              All the gratitude to REIKI.

              All the LOVE,

              maria luisa
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 27 11:05 AM
                Dear Sri Maria Luisa,
                This is a beautiful wisdom sharing, far transcendant of just Reiki
                knowledge. Thank you!

                Question from Email:
                > > Dear Sir,
                > >
                > > I am Avinash Rawal from New Delhi (INDIA). I have done
                > > Reiki course of Ist ,IInd ,IIIrd and Mastership about
                > > 6 years ago and have done Magnify healing and since
                > > then I have taken in attunement many times directly
                > > and distant attunement and also attended many Reiki
                > > classes with many Reiki grand Masters to get the flow
                > > of Reiki in my body. But I don't feel the energy flow
                > > in my hands and body. There is blockage some where and
                > > I feel blockage in many parts of my body. When ever I
                > > tried to heal my self and others I feel some energy
                > > pressure on my Crown Chakra but the energy does not
                > > flow in side and in to my hands.
                > >
                > > I shall be great full if you could help me out and
                > > remove all my blockage. Please let me know If you can
                > > distant attunement or healing for me or any thing else
                > > which will cure me. If you need my picture I can send
                > > you by email.
                > >
                > > Thanks & Regards
                > > Avinash Rawal

                Maria Luisa's reply:

              • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 27 11:12 AM
                  Now that is truly a beautiful thing. Can anyone else feel the
                  gratitude? Awesome!!

                • shakti <devi@pacific.net>
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 27 11:48 AM

                    > Dear Sir,
                    >
                    > I am Avinash Rawal from New Delhi (INDIA). I have done
                    > Reiki course of Ist ,IInd ,IIIrd and Mastership about
                    > 6 years ago and have done Magnify healing and since
                    > then I have taken in attunement many times directly
                    > and distant attunement and also attended many Reiki
                    > classes with many Reiki grand Masters to get the flow
                    > of Reiki in my body. But I don't feel the energy flow
                    > in my hands and body. There is blockage some where and
                    > I feel blockage in many parts of my body. When ever I
                    > tried to heal my self and others I feel some energy
                    > pressure on my Crown Chakra but the energy does not
                    > flow in side and in to my hands.
                    >
                    > I shall be great full if you could help me out and
                    > remove all my blockage. Please let me know If you can
                    > distant attunement or healing for me or any thing else
                    > which will cure me. If you need my picture I can send
                    > you by email.
                    >
                    > Thanks & Regards
                    > Avinash Rawal

                    i don't know what it's like to feel blockages in the body but my
                    response to this person is to concentrate on the energy in his crown
                    chakra and forget about feeling energy in the rest of his body for
                    now. the crown chakra is representitive of higher consciusness and it
                    sounds to me like its wanting attention
                    if he hasn't already realized thousand petal lotus, it may be the
                    next expereince on his journey..if he's already realized it then he
                    should be able to figure out his own problems...
                  • dragonpuffs7777
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27 12:27 PM
                      <if he hasn't already realized thousand petal lotus, it may be the
                      next expereince on his journey..if he's already realized it then he
                      should be able to figure out his own problems...>

                      Now, do you really think that's true, Devi, because one time when my
                      thousand petaled lotus bloomed, I saw it as a purple pineapple with
                      gold tipped spines and threw it out thinking it wasn't fresh.

                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "shakti