Re: Daily Practice

  • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 79 , Feb 1, 2003
      I belive in the body-mind-spirit approach and my aim is be CENTERED AWARE CALM OPENED
      AND STRONG.

      In the morning I run to the Spa where
      i either yoga-swim with a mantra or
      take a yoga class favorites are:
      kundalini [was trained by Yogi Bhajan
      who gave me the spiritual name Sat
      Kartar Kaur} thai or ashtanga yoga.
      My favorite meditation is shabda
      yoga best at 3 am but by now I wake
      up with the *sound* there... [it is to
      long to post] please see the website

      http://santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html

      here is an example of one regiment which 'takes me there' <grin>

      1.
      arms with erect elbow hands upward on
      knee in yogamudra (thumb and choose a
      finger <grin>) -if you want ask the
      your-higer-self for giving you what
      you need,

      become a clear chanel for the Light:
      the chant loud is

      OM NAMO GURU DAVE NAMO [calling upon
      the SELF-SUPREM the light-guru
      within]

      this is on 1 drawn out breath om at
      throut 'dave' resonates behind
      third-eye; chant 3 times

      2.
      sit comfy xlegged [1/2, or full
      lotus] slow the breath down for
      couple of breaths, attention drawn
      to thirdeye (you can lookup with
      closed or halfway closed eye: Buddha
      style, if you want like the saints
      xeyed to Tirsa) -- do alternate nose
      breath to 4 counts; chant silent:
      SA TA NA MA right-side in&out for 2
      minutes other nostril in&out same
      mantra for 2 minutes.

      3.
      do the frog [hands on the floor
      infront] 100 times attention kept
      at third-eye, as you squat breath-in
      SAT as you stand up draw in the
      Gaia Kundalini at the bottom of your
      feet and let it come up alltheway
      in your spine and breathout NAM do
      it as fast as you can

      4.
      sit back in half lotus or comfy..
      look at the tip of your nose* arms
      bend at elbow close to your body
      hands in 45% angle ]toward the sky
      like an egyption] 8 breath in 8
      out Chant silent: RA MA DA SA SA
      SEI SO HANG 3 minutes. spine erect
      energy as golden light from gaia
      up through ajna and couple inches
      above the crown chakra lt it beam out.

      --finishup with breath of fire
      [pumping the stomach fast in and out
      the air will follow] in fish-pose:
      heart opened to the sky head touches
      the floor

      last: sit as in # 2 and reflect:
      you are CENTERED AWARE CALM OPENED
      AND STRONG

      love, karta
    • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
      Message 79 of 79 , Feb 3, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > I am still a few days behind. However this quote seemed a
        nice fit for the
        > daily practice thread.
        >
        > ...Tony
        >
        > Charlotte Joko Beck
        >
        > TRUE STORIES ABOUT SITTING
        >
        > How old were you when you started meditating?
        >
        > Beck: Thirty-nine, forty, somewhere in there.
        >
        > Did you have any realization through meditation?
        >
        > No. Of course we have realizations, but that's not what really
        drives
        > practice.
        >
        > Will you say more about that?
        >
        > I meet all sorts of people who've had all sorts of experiences
        and
        > they're still confused and not doing well in their life.
        Experiences
        > are not enough. My students learn that if they have so-called
        > experiences, I really don't care much about hearing about
        them. I just
        > tell them, "Yeah, that's OK. Don't hold onto it. And how are you
        > getting along with your mother?" Otherwise, they get stuck
        there.
        > It's not the important thing in practice.
        >
        > And may I ask you what is?
        >
        > Learning to deal with one's personal, egotistical self. That's the
        > work. Very, very difficult.
        >
        > There seems to be a payoff, though, because you feel alive
        instead of
        > dead.
        >
        > I wouldn't say a payoff. You're returning to the source, you might
        > say-what you always were, but which was severely covered by
        your core
        > belief and all its systems. And when those get weaker, you do
        feel
        > joy. I mean, then it's no big deal to do the dishes and clean up
        the
        > house and go to work and things like that.
        >
        > Doing the dishes is a great meditation-especially if you hate it.
        >
        > Well, if your mind wanders to other things while your doing the
        > dishes, just return it to the dishes. Meditation isn't something
        > special. It's not a special way of being. It's simply being aware
        of
        > what is going on.
        >
        > Does sitting meditation prepare the ground to do that?
        >
        > Sure. It gives you the strength to face the more complex things
        in
        > your life. You're not meeting anything much when your sitting
        except
        > your little mind. That's relatively easy when compared to some
        of the
        > complex situation we have to live out way through. Sitting gives
        you
        > the ability to work with your life.
        >
        > I read your books.
        >
        > Oh you read. Well, give up reading, OK?
        >
        > Give up reading your books?
        >
        > Well, they're all tight. Read them once and that's enough.
        Books are
        > useful. But some people read for fifty years, you know. And they
        > haven't begun their practice.
        >
        > How would you describe self-discovery?
        >
        > You're really just an ongoing set of events: boom, boom, boom,
        boom,
        > boom, one after the other. The awareness is keeping up with
        those
        > events, seeing your life unfolding as it is-not your ideas of it,
        not
        > your pictures of it. See what I mean?
        >
        > How would you define meditation?
        >
        > Awareness of what, mentally, physically.
        >
        > Can you please complete the following sentence for me. "The
        > experience of meditation is..."
        >
        > "...awareness of what is."
        >
        > "Meditative awareness has changes my life in the following
        way..."

        > "It has changed my life in the direction of it being more
        harmonious,
        > more satisfactory, more joyful, and more useful, probably."
        Though I
        > don't think much in those terms. I don't wake up in the morning
        > thinking, I'm going to be useful. I really think about what I'm
        going
        > to have for breakfast.
        >
        > "The one thing awareness has taught me that I want to share
        with all
        > people is that..."
        >
        > I don't want to share anything with all people.
        >
        > Who do you want to share with?
        >
        > Nobody. I just live my life. I don't go around wanting to share
        > something. That's extra.
        >
        > Could you talk about that a little bit?
        >
        > Well, there's a little shade of piety that creeps into practice. You
        > know, "I have this wonderful practice, I want to share it with
        > everyone." There's an error in that. You could probably figure it
        out
        > yourself.
        >
        > I think that's something I need to learn.
        >
        > You and I know there's nothing that's going to make me run
        away
        > faster than somebody who comes around and wants to be
        helpful. You
        > know what I mean? I don't want people to be helpful to me. I
        just
        > want to live my own life.
        >
        > Do you think you share yourself?
        >
        > Yeah, but who's that?

        G: i agree with this in the way that *realizations* and
        *experience* is used these are transitory and fleeting.... i call
        them insights and phenomena....
        this is quite different than *Realization* which blows out
        conceptual insights and phenomena ....

        shanti om ..g..