Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Daily Practice

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 1, 2003
      > it is easy to sit on the [put your name
      here] throne of disdain and continue to play the littany over and over again.

      Boy howdy.

      The dialogue on this list these
      past few weeks has been great
      testimony to that statement alone.

      >if it were that easy judi then all
      the people that are not doing anything would already be
      free from suffering... but the fact that they are not disproves
      your path of simply do nothing.....

      shanti om ...g...

      Your conclusion does not ring true
      to me, G.

      First off, Judi does not say it's easy. It's
      the hardest thing in the world to do. It's
      the *last* thing in the world anybody ever
      wants to do, for crying out loud! Thus her
      term "end of the rope".

      The fact that people are often inclined to
      busy themselves in other activities....even
      the activity of meditation, at times....as
      a means of 'avoiding' taking that deep
      hard look, does not disprove her 'path'.

      It simply demonstrates that all people
      aren't all on the same page at the same
      time.

      Like any other activity, even meditation
      can be a practice of dissolving 'identity'
      as well as a strategy to maintain it.

    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 5, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033

        ******** hahaha :-)

        > Tony, the things you say are very true.
        >
        > Now, let's party.
        >
        > ********** OK. :-)

        What good is sitting, alone in your room?
        But come, hear the music play!
        Life is a cabaret, old chum!
        Come to the cabaret!
        Put down your knitting, your book and your broom
        It is time for a holiday
        Life is a cabaret, old chum!
        Come to the cabaret!
        Come taste the wine
        Come hear the band
        Come blow that horn
        Start celebrating
        Right this way your table´s waiting :-)
        What good´s permmiting some prophet of doom?
        To wipe every smile away
        Life is a cabaret , old chum!
        So come to the cabaret!