[Meditation Society of America] Re: stream of consciousness......

  • dragonpuffs7777
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
      <What's attractive about it?>

      Well, you know how when there's a little accident at the side of the
      road how it ends up being a big traffic jam because everyone has to
      stop and look? It's like that.

      Watching people in the different camps say over and over say in one
      post that they have tried to teach the others the way to be and then
      watch as they try to make sure that nobody else is allowed to tell
      their own views in simple dignity without being looked down by those
      who think they know better, makes me indignant. Then, like a driver
      going by the scene, I feel the need to tell them how ignorant they
      look displaying all of that spiritual ego. Then, I'm late for work,
      haha. Oh, and intolerant. Don't forget intolerant and lacking
      compassion for them. Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
      to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
      <melodyande@c...> wrote:

      > >I read in this place before I joined and saw in you somewhere I
      > never wanted to end up at but somewhere I was finding myself
      > hovering around in some dark attraction.
      >

      > Could you say more about this?
      >
      > What is it about what you see, that you never *want* to be,
      > even though it is somehow 'attractive' to you?
      >
      > What's attractive about it?

    • Melody
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
        > Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
        to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

        Boy do I hear that! And your analogy
        was perfect.

        I call it "being snagged into identifying
        with one position, in opposition to
        another."

        I guess that's what we do....unless or
        until we don't. :-)

        In the meantime, sending a hug
        your way.

      • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
          Don't look into this.

          It isn't looking for you to look into it.

          There's nothing to get out of it.

          If you look into it, you'll be sorry.

          Don't say I didn't warn you.

          -- Dan

          <melodyande@c...> wrote:

          > >IT's about how I am percieving many of the members of this group
          > (not all,) and in this group specifically rather than in the 3-d
          > world or in other groups, and that's why I put it here. You and
          they
          > look like fundamentalist nothingists. It is a dream about what part
          > of me I'd choose to steer clear of. But, of course, I didn't steer
          > clear, and that means I want to confront people like you because
          > something in me started to gell and be automatic, which is the way
          > you are to me, so I can get you out of my system and move on.
          >

          > I appreciate what you write here very much.
          >
          > And to say it here, as you have, really speaks volumes about you.
          >

          > It's funny in a way that lists such as this one....filled with so
          many
          > people saying "you should really look into this".....LOL.....
          >
          > create the very 'atmosphere' that would be the least conducive for
          someone
          > actually doing that. Know what I mean?
          >
          > Somehow, this seems to go largely unnoticed....or ignored....
          > by those doing the 'helping'.
          >
          > Having played that game on both sides of the board,
          >
          > it's been my experience that anyone demonstrating
          > the least bit of willingness to actually 'take a look' at
          themselves....

          > rather than at what 'others' are doing.....and to do so publicly,
          > in the midst of a natural inclination to 'pose' and posture....
          >
          > really has my admiration.
          >
          > It's the easiest thing in the world to be a 'teacher' or
          a 'pointer'.

          > Quite a different story in the willingness to NOT be...if only
          > for a minute.
          >
          > Namaste.

        • dragonpuffs7777
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003