Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: stream of consciousness......

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
      >I read in this place before I joined and saw in you somewhere I
      never wanted to end up at but somewhere I was finding myself
      hovering around in some dark attraction.

      Could you say more about this?

      What is it about what you see, that you never *want* to be,
      even though it is somehow 'attractive' to you?

      What's attractive about it?

    • Melody
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
        Ganga,

        You wrote:

        >G: hahahaha now temper -temper...

        and then went on to say, in effect,
        in various ways,

        "I'm fine. But here's how you're not."

        Do you ever 'break' from your
        teacher role? Do you ever
        stop telling people what's
        'wrong' with them, or what
        they ought to be doing....

        and just 'hear' them
        from a space that sees
        no 'right' or 'wrong'?

        Have you found telling
        people what's 'wrong' with
        them (after first mocking them)
        to be an effective 'pointing'
        technique?

        I ask this in the context of
        having noticed how you respond
        to the barbs of other people
        by 'responding in kind'. If this
        is a fair observation, I'm wondering
        then why is it that you expect
        people to respond any differently
        than you do to such an encounter?

      • dragonpuffs7777
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
          <What's attractive about it?>

          Well, you know how when there's a little accident at the side of the
          road how it ends up being a big traffic jam because everyone has to
          stop and look? It's like that.

          Watching people in the different camps say over and over say in one
          post that they have tried to teach the others the way to be and then
          watch as they try to make sure that nobody else is allowed to tell
          their own views in simple dignity without being looked down by those
          who think they know better, makes me indignant. Then, like a driver
          going by the scene, I feel the need to tell them how ignorant they
          look displaying all of that spiritual ego. Then, I'm late for work,
          haha. Oh, and intolerant. Don't forget intolerant and lacking
          compassion for them. Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
          to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
          <melodyande@c...> wrote:

          > >I read in this place before I joined and saw in you somewhere I
          > never wanted to end up at but somewhere I was finding myself
          > hovering around in some dark attraction.
          >

          > Could you say more about this?
          >
          > What is it about what you see, that you never *want* to be,
          > even though it is somehow 'attractive' to you?
          >
          > What's attractive about it?

        • Melody
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
            > Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
            to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

            Boy do I hear that! And your analogy
            was perfect.

            I call it "being snagged into identifying
            with one position, in opposition to
            another."

            I guess that's what we do....unless or
            until we don't. :-)

            In the meantime, sending a hug
            your way.

          • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
              Don't look into this.

              It isn't looking for you to look into it.

              There's nothing to get out of it.

              If you look into it, you'll be sorry.

              Don't say I didn't warn you.

              -- Dan

              <melodyande@c...> wrote:

              > >IT's about how I am percieving many of the members of this group
              > (not all,) and in this group specifically rather than in the 3-d
              > world or in other groups, and that's why I put it here. You and
              they
              > look like fundamentalist nothingists. It is a dream about what part
              > of me I'd choose to steer clear of. But, of course, I didn't steer
              > clear, and that means I want to confront people like you because
              > something in me started to gell and be automatic, which is the way
              > you are to me, so I can get you out of my system and move on.
              >

              > I appreciate what you write here very much.
              >
              > And to say it here, as you have, really speaks volumes about you.
              >

              > It's funny in a way that lists such as this one....filled with so
              many
              > people saying "you should really look into this".....LOL.....
              >
              > create the very 'atmosphere' that would be the least conducive for
              someone
              > actually doing that. Know what I mean?
              >
              > Somehow, this seems to go largely unnoticed....or ignored....
              > by those doing the 'helping'.
              >
              > Having played that game on both sides of the board,
              >
              > it's been my experience that anyone demonstrating
              > the least bit of willingness to actually 'take a look' at
              themselves....

              > rather than at what 'others' are doing.....and to do so publicly,
              > in the midst of a natural inclination to 'pose' and posture....
              >
              > really has my admiration.
              >
              > It's the easiest thing in the world to be a 'teacher' or
              a 'pointer'.

              > Quite a different story in the willingness to NOT be...if only
              > for a minute.
              >
              > Namaste.

            • dragonpuffs7777
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003