[Meditation Society of America] Re: stream of consciousness......

  • dragonpuffs7777
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
      <It's the easiest thing in the world to be a 'teacher' or
      a 'pointer'.

      Quite a different story in the willingness to NOT be...if only
      for a minute.>

      That is sooo true. It's nice, too, because it's really a
      compassionate statement. It was just easy, not devious or corrupt,
      just easy to do.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
      <melodyande@c...> wrote:

      > >IT's about how I am percieving many of the members of this group
      > (not all,) and in this group specifically rather than in the 3-d
      > world or in other groups, and that's why I put it here. You and
      they
      > look like fundamentalist nothingists. It is a dream about what
      part
      > of me I'd choose to steer clear of. But, of course, I didn't
      steer
      > clear, and that means I want to confront people like you because
      > something in me started to gell and be automatic, which is the way
      > you are to me, so I can get you out of my system and move on.
      >

      > I appreciate what you write here very much.
      >
      > And to say it here, as you have, really speaks volumes about you.
      >

      > It's funny in a way that lists such as this one....filled with so
      many
      > people saying "you should really look into this".....LOL.....
      >
      > create the very 'atmosphere' that would be the least conducive for
      someone
      > actually doing that. Know what I mean?
      >
      > Somehow, this seems to go largely unnoticed....or ignored....
      > by those doing the 'helping'.
      >
      > Having played that game on both sides of the board,
      >
      > it's been my experience that anyone demonstrating
      > the least bit of willingness to actually 'take a look' at
      themselves....

      > rather than at what 'others' are doing.....and to do so publicly,
      > in the midst of a natural inclination to 'pose' and posture....
      >
      > really has my admiration.
      >
      > It's the easiest thing in the world to be a 'teacher' or
      a 'pointer'.

      > Quite a different story in the willingness to NOT be...if only
      > for a minute.
      >
      > Namaste.

    • Melody
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
        >I read in this place before I joined and saw in you somewhere I
        never wanted to end up at but somewhere I was finding myself
        hovering around in some dark attraction.

        Could you say more about this?

        What is it about what you see, that you never *want* to be,
        even though it is somehow 'attractive' to you?

        What's attractive about it?

      • Melody
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
          Ganga,

          You wrote:

          >G: hahahaha now temper -temper...

          and then went on to say, in effect,
          in various ways,

          "I'm fine. But here's how you're not."

          Do you ever 'break' from your
          teacher role? Do you ever
          stop telling people what's
          'wrong' with them, or what
          they ought to be doing....

          and just 'hear' them
          from a space that sees
          no 'right' or 'wrong'?

          Have you found telling
          people what's 'wrong' with
          them (after first mocking them)
          to be an effective 'pointing'
          technique?

          I ask this in the context of
          having noticed how you respond
          to the barbs of other people
          by 'responding in kind'. If this
          is a fair observation, I'm wondering
          then why is it that you expect
          people to respond any differently
          than you do to such an encounter?

        • dragonpuffs7777
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
            <What's attractive about it?>

            Well, you know how when there's a little accident at the side of the
            road how it ends up being a big traffic jam because everyone has to
            stop and look? It's like that.

            Watching people in the different camps say over and over say in one
            post that they have tried to teach the others the way to be and then
            watch as they try to make sure that nobody else is allowed to tell
            their own views in simple dignity without being looked down by those
            who think they know better, makes me indignant. Then, like a driver
            going by the scene, I feel the need to tell them how ignorant they
            look displaying all of that spiritual ego. Then, I'm late for work,
            haha. Oh, and intolerant. Don't forget intolerant and lacking
            compassion for them. Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
            to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

            <melodyande@c...> wrote:

            > >I read in this place before I joined and saw in you somewhere I
            > never wanted to end up at but somewhere I was finding myself
            > hovering around in some dark attraction.
            >

            > Could you say more about this?
            >
            > What is it about what you see, that you never *want* to be,
            > even though it is somehow 'attractive' to you?
            >
            > What's attractive about it?

          • Melody
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
              > Anyway, that was it. The increasing inability
              to ignore it thereby becoming part of it.

              Boy do I hear that! And your analogy
              was perfect.

              I call it "being snagged into identifying
              with one position, in opposition to
              another."

              I guess that's what we do....unless or
              until we don't. :-)

              In the meantime, sending a hug
              your way.

            • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
                Don't look into this.

                It isn't looking for you to look into it.

                There's nothing to get out of it.

                If you look into it, you'll be sorry.

                Don't say I didn't warn you.

                -- Dan

                <melodyande@c...> wrote:

                > >IT's about how I am percieving many of the members of this group
                > (not all,) and in this group specifically rather than in the 3-d
                > world or in other groups, and that's why I put it here. You and
                they
                > look like fundamentalist nothingists. It is a dream about what part
                > of me I'd choose to steer clear of. But, of course, I didn't steer
                > clear, and that means I want to confront people like you because
                > something in me started to gell and be automatic, which is the way
                > you are to me, so I can get you out of my system and move on.
                >

                > I appreciate what you write here very much.
                >
                > And to say it here, as you have, really speaks volumes about you.
                >

                > It's funny in a way that lists such as this one....filled with so
                many
                > people saying "you should really look into this".....LOL.....
                >
                > create the very 'atmosphere' that would be the least conducive for
                someone
                > actually doing that. Know what I mean?
                >
                > Somehow, this seems to go largely unnoticed....or ignored....
                > by those doing the 'helping'.
                >
                > Having played that game on both sides of the board,
                >
                > it's been my experience that anyone demonstrating
                > the least bit of willingness to actually 'take a look' at
                themselves....

                > rather than at what 'others' are doing.....and to do so publicly,
                > in the midst of a natural inclination to 'pose' and posture....
                >
                > really has my admiration.
                >
                > It's the easiest thing in the world to be a 'teacher' or
                a 'pointer'.

                > Quite a different story in the willingness to NOT be...if only
                > for a minute.
                >
                > Namaste.

              • dragonpuffs7777
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003