Re: Reposting Famous Dead Guys (tm) Wisdom

  • tjperez
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
      I'm not sure if I understand what the question is. I can think of
      many topics discussed today that were quoted from deceased
      teachers. For instance, Albert Einstein. I think all of us could
      easily find many quotes by him. I think it's a great way for their
      memories (and knowledge) to live on.

      Again, I'm not sure who in particular you are talking about and if
      there is some religious reason why he shouldn't be quoted then I
      apologize.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., eveneon <no_reply@y...>

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
        Thanks for the input. What has been going on is that there are a few
        people who post many times daily, parts of things that they have found
        in FDG (Famous Dead Guys tm) books. There seems to be no other reason
        than to show that they have read alot of different things and like
        being credited with finding them. Sort of like bringing in things for
        "show and tell" in kindergarten. This is happening regularly on at
        least 2 newsgroups, and there are alot of pro and con feelings about
        this. On another newsgroup, when the moderator hasn't received
        anything new, or just to fill up space, they cite quote after quote
        from their own favorite teachers. So, what we might look at is the
        intention behind what is being shared. Let me quote a not-so-famous
        living guy (NSFLG?), Kir Li Molari..."There is nothing better than to
        share those things that have helped you evolve in consciousness, and
        there is nothing so hindering than to divert someones attention away
        from Witnessing their life as it takes place, just to feed your own
        ego."

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tjperez" <tjperez@y...>