Question about the Guided Meditation CD

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002
      Question from Email:
      Hello. I received my CD last week, which I thank you for. My favorite
      track is #3 which I have been using most days to meditate with. I had
      always understood that you should meditate in silence either with a
      mantra or by using an object fixed in your mind. This method, after a
      period of time would take you into a deeper state within your mind.
      I would be interested in hearing your comments. Kind Regards.
      Answer:
      There is no question that using "a mantra or by using an object fixed
      in your mind" is the most common, and an excellent way to go about
      concentrating. The CD is not meant to replace any technique, but
      rather to add to your experience. For instance, many of the
      techniques on the CD are intended to be effective for specific
      things, like dealing with ceasing to carry around unnecessary guilt
      or anger (like track #3), changing negative characteristics into
      positiveones, relaxing your body, and so on. The Meditation Society of
      America is dedicated to sharing all the techniques possible, so as to
      be able to help people in as many ways as possible. I hope you
      continue to enjoy and benefit from the CD.