Fertility Question

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 8:13 AM
      Question from Email:
      Hello, I am currently starting to research meditation. One of the
      things I have been trying to do is conceive a child. With no luck
      for the past 16 months I don't know what else to do. We have been
      seeing a doctor but that can only go so far. Is there any type of
      meditation I could do that might help? Please advise. Thank you so
      much,

      1st Answer:
      Virtually every religion has prayers and rituals for fertility. I
      encourage you to consider trying the methods of your own religion. In
      the meditation tradition, visualization is probably the most common
      method. What you would do is to see yourself as having a baby growing
      in you, being born, and other scenes of your life as a mother. If you
      have a deity, you could see your deity blessing you and giving the
      baby to you.

      Answer from a student:
      Hi! I am the student from your meditation class at Haverford Middle
      School on Monday nite that asked you about the girl having fertility
      problems... I have some resources that maybe will help her out, or at
      least lead her to someone who can send her in the direction she may
      want to go...Some of these resources mention aspects of meditation
      like affirmations and visualization but are not specific meditation
      books
      BOOKS
      1. The Whole Person Fertility Program by Niravi Payne and Brenda
      Richardson
      2. I Got Pregnant, You Can Too (How Healing Yourself Physically,
      Mentally, and Spiritually Leads to Fertility) by Katie Boland (A
      good
      "pick me up"/mood lifter book!)
      3. Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional
      Health & Healing by Christiane Northrup.
      4. Healing Mind, Healthy Woman, Using Mind-Body Connection... by
      Alice Domar & Henry Dreher

      WEBSITES
      1. www.resolve.org
      2. www.inciid.org (this site has a HUGE reading list under the
      "INCIID Book Nook" section, that might contain some information she
      may be looking for)
      I am not sure if this will help as the information may be redundant
      to her, but it is worth a try...
      Please feel free to pass on my e-mail address to her, and tell her if
      she wants someone to talk with, who is going through a similar
      experience (22 months of trying for baby), to send me an e-mail...

      Thanks! See you next class