Q and A about weight loss and meditation

    Message 1 of 197 , Oct 6, 2001
      Question<br>Can meditation help me to lose
      weight?<br>Answer<br>Visualizing your body as losing weight has been claimed to
      work for many, and most advanced bodybuilders spend
      huge amounts of time visualizing how they want their
      body to appear. Personally, It hasn't worked for me.
      My focus is transcending the identification with
      anything temporary and instead focusing on identification
      with the eternal. Thus, I want to see myself as a part
      of the infinite, never ending universe and don't
      care tremendously what happens to this temporary
      vehicle. As a matter of reality/fact, every atom in your
      body has changed since you started reading this. So
      has every thought and emotion. What did not and will
      never change is the consciousness, the inner Witness
      that can be aware of these changes. This is the real
      you that has the potential to bring you eternal peace
      and life, which, of course, the mind, body, and
      emotions can't.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: