What is the inner Witness I read about

    Message 1 of 197 , Oct 4, 2001
      To quote from an article in The Inner Traveler
      #3..."There is an awareness, a consciousness within you that
      is a silent Witness to everything your senses react
      with, your mind thinks, and your emotions feel. It has
      been witnessing since you were born. When you were a
      baby and couldn't judge, compare, or comment in any
      way about anything, it was already witnessing. As a
      matter of fact, this Witness is your only hope of
      eternal life. Your body will drop. Your thoughts and
      emotions will stop. These things have never had any
      permanence whatsoever. The only thing about them that never
      changes is that they are always changing. Our Witness is
      the only part of us that has been changeless and is
      the only part of us that has the possibility of
      surviving death. You are not your body, you are not your
      emotions, you are not your mind. The Witness is the Real
      Self. When you meditate it is the Witness who will
      recognize that you have stopped concentrating, or are
      distracted, or are demeaning yourself. You then can stop it
      and direct your consciousness to what is appropriate.
      This is Real Self-control."
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: