Re: Ego?

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
      > gotta have a good disclaimer and be able to say it
      > at 180 miles an hour.

      I typed it really fast does that count?>>

      If you want it to! Its fine by me.

      You know, i tried saying your
      disclaimer really, really fast, and my lips were
      getting in the way...how do those people do it?
      hours of practice, i'm sure.

      We used to watch the Barricini Chimps on the Ed Sullivan Show
      doing headstands and stuff and my dad used to say,

      "Look, that monkey is typing!" Can you do that?
      "Look, that monkey is standing on his head! Can you do that?"

      "Do you think that monkey just woke up one day and could
      do all those things?"

      "NO! He had to practice and practice and practice!"

      What a character!

      I said to myself, "God i must really be a loser if a monkey
      can already do that and i cant."

      But i know what my dad was trying to say. LOL

      ;-)
      freyja

    • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, freyjartist@a...
        wrote:
        > > gotta have a good disclaimer and be able to say it
        > > at 180 miles an hour.
        >
        > I typed it really fast does that count?>>
        >
        > If you want it to! Its fine by me.
        >
        > You know, i tried saying your
        > disclaimer really, really fast, and my lips were
        > getting in the way...how do those people do it?
        > hours of practice, i'm sure.
        >
        > We used to watch the Barricini Chimps on the Ed Sullivan Show
        > doing headstands and stuff and my dad used to say,
        >
        > "Look, that monkey is typing!" Can you do that?
        > "Look, that monkey is standing on his head! Can you do that?"
        >
        > "Do you think that monkey just woke up one day and could
        > do all those things?"
        >
        > "NO! He had to practice and practice and practice!"
        >
        > What a character!
        >
        > I said to myself, "God i must really be a loser if a monkey
        > can already do that and i cant."
        >
        > But i know what my dad was trying to say. LOL
        >
        > ;-)
        > freyja

        yea, monkeys can really do all that, just not all of it very well :)
        kinda like us, jacks of all, masters of none... hehe
        But, hey we're all still practising, then what wiil we do when we
        get it perfect? Prolly become monkeys!
      • freyjartist@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
          <<devi: thanks, i'M really glad i have your approval..life isn't really
          like what? i keep myself pretty isolated, i've been a stay at home
          mom for almost 20 years, and where i live mostly the people are born-
          again christians,>>

          ....oh my! born again Christians? I remember taking a
          born again to see the movie "Dogma", talk about having
          a sick sense of humor. We had to walk out and she
          preached to me for an hour after that.

          << and those people i run away from...a moveable
          feast..haha, i guess your not a vegetarian when it comes to digesting
          people, (probably a bad joke, right)>>

          ....no, not bad ;-), but yeah, you're right in your observation,
          i am a pretty accepting person.

          <<no seriously, i almost get
          literally sick when i see dirty drunken people, >>

          ....well, you cant help it then.

          > > >laksmi: Everything you react to--that is a good thing to
          > > > watch.
          > > devi: why is that in your opinion...usually i react so fast, and
          > > usually i think my reactions are are perfect,,,you know when i
          > react
          > > to someone or something negatively it's usually showing me what i
          > am
          > > not and i am thankful for that...
          >

          > ..lakshmi: ..or could it be showing you something about yourself
          > that you dont want to see?
          devi: no, absolutly not, i don't buy into that at all....>>

          .....i would like to hear more about that. i think ive heard you
          say this before. The way i look at it is, that whatever is happening
          for that person and those in their circle, is exactly what needs to be
          happening--
          so, to look at it as negative or positive is making a judgment.
          I dont mean that steps are not taken to re-direct something harmful or
          undesirable. Its just that, i dont hold any person 'responsible'.
          This does not mean i would never press charges or anything like that.

          freyja

          ps, you too, good luck with the program