Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: question to anybody

  • Greg & Liz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2002
      > to ask two other questions regarding some personal experiences. One,
      > often, when meditating, I feel a kind of pain in my throat, like a
      > muscular spasm, it doesn't interfere but worries me a bit. Can I do
      > something to stop this, do I do something wrong?
      Sometimes pain in an area of a chakra indicates the opening of that chakra. A good book that covers these areas is called "Hands of Light" by Barbara Brennan. Since you are experimenting with meditation, the further you go, you will realize the opening of chakras.

      > And second, sometimes, when more focused, I have the feeling of
      > splitting in two, a part of me (the "brain") is getting smaller and
      > smaller and the other part (?) is growing huge, sometimes like a
      > pillar, sometimes more like an ovoid, reaching towards the sky.

      Have you heard of Out Of Body Experiences? Or Soul Travel? This may be what you are experiencing as well. This to comes from meditation.
      Elizabeth

    • joe@salerno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2002
        > I feel a kind of pain in my throat, like a
        > muscular spasm, it doesn't interfere but worries me a bit. Can I do
        > something to stop this, do I do something wrong?

        I have had sensations in the various kundalini during contemplation, it
        subsided after a while. Every once in a while I may be aware of such but I
        feel no concern over it. IMO it is an indication of progress.

        > And second, sometimes, when more focused, I have the feeling of
        > splitting in two, a part of me (the "brain") is getting smaller and
        > smaller and the other part (?) is growing huge, sometimes like a
        > pillar, sometimes more like an ovoid, reaching towards the sky.
        > This morning it was different, like a sphere of dense and bright
        > white light, surrounding me like a soft cocoon, almost material, it
        > felt great, soothing and fulfilling in the same time. I didn't want
        > to leave it (had some difficulty getting out and it was one of my
        > longest meditations) and had an urge to fill the sphere with love. In
        > the same time my body felt like a whole, couldn't differentiate
        > between its parts. Am I on the right track or completely out of it?

        I would say you are doing quite well. If you get the opportunity again
        filling it with love sounds like a good thing to do.

        Joe