Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation Experience

  • joe@salerno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2002
      Great experience Tony. Sounds to me like you experienced the sound current.
      Was something bothering you that you stopped? I can't tell you what you will
      experience in your future but since you seem to be asking for opinions, I
      would definitely encourage you to continue along the same lines.

      You might try adding some spiritually charged words - I sing HU myself. On
      the outbreath only. It is a word which can raise the consciousness and open
      your hart to more of God's love.

      Joe Salerno
      Video Works! Is it working for you?
      PO Box 273405 - Houston TX 77277-3405
      http://joe.salerno.com
      joe@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2002
        Tony wrote: One day, out of nowhere, came a loud sound inside my
        head like a struck bell getting louder and louder then exploding, then
        silence.

        *** Tony, to give a quick idea as to your experience: When we meditate, contemplate, pray, etc.... what we are doing is trying to connect to a higher power, either our higher self, which is soul, or to commun with God, spiritual guides etc. How else can these guides, soul, or God communicate back to us, to encourage us to continue, is to provide a sign that "It" is hearing us.... either by a sound, or by a light. These sounds can be a bell, a tinkling of bells, a hum like electricity, the sound of thunder, or maybe bees. Another form of communication is the light.... which can be seen as blue, purple, or a mixture of both... it could be white, yellow... there are many levels of heaven, and each level also has a color and sound that goes with it. The Light and Sound is God. :-)

        Tony wrote:
        weary to continue without
        guidance. I have suspended my meditation practice for the last 3 months as I
        re-examine my approach and motivation. I am almost ready to re-start.

        *** There are many books out there that can assist you, and provide guidance. One way to help in your experience is to try using a mantra, word... Hu is a word I use while doing my meditation/contemplation exercises. I do this for only about 20 mins. By singing Hu this will help expand your awareness, help to experience divine love, (which you describbed feeling after your experience with the sound). Singing this word also can help to bring peace and calm during rough times. To use this word Hu, you will find it can bring you closer to God, and can be offered as a guide to your spiritual travels. With eyes open or closed, take a few deep breaths to relax. Then begin to sing Hu (pronounced "hue") in a long, drawn out sound, Hu-u-u-u. Take another breath, and sing Hu again. Continue for up to twenty minutes. Sing Hu with a feeling of love, and it will gradually open your heart to God.

        Tony wrote:
        Should I continue to recreate it? What can I
        expect to happen in the future?

        I look forward to any guidance.

        ...Tony

        *** Tony when you are ready try using the word Hu. You may expect to hear more sounds, or see colors. It may happen right away, or it may take some time before you will experience anything at all. Be patient, and start out slow, (only 20 mins or so). May I also recommend if you do not already do so, to start a journal. Keep a record of each expercise. Also pay close attention to your dreams, and journal these as well. :-) Wonderful to hear of your experience...
        May The Blessings Be,
        Elizabeth