Meditation Experience

  • tosime@siotel.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2002
      Hello,

      I am new to this group and have a question on meditation. I want to describe
      an experience I had during meditation and ask for an explanation and
      guidance on what to do next.

      About a year ago, after about 6 months of meditation practice I had a
      peculiar experience. One day, out of nowhere, came a loud sound inside my
      head like a struck bell getting louder and louder then exploding, then
      silence. Afterwards I felt a kind of bliss flowing through me - it was a
      very pleasant feeling. On my good meditation sessions (70% of the time) I am
      able to recreate these feelings after a few minutes. I have a sense that
      there is more in this direction but I am a bit weary to continue without
      guidance. I have suspended my meditation practice for the last 3 months as I
      re-examine my approach and motivation. I am almost ready to re-start.

      What was this experience? Should I continue to recreate it? What can I
      expect to happen in the future?

      I look forward to any guidance.

      ...Tony