Re: question to anybody

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26 12:32 AM
      Dear Edit,
      What is very good here is that your inner Witness, your awareness,
      has recognized the inner Chatterer. Your mind has been an everpresent
      judge, comparing and commenting non-stop on everything and nothing.
      Through meditation, you have been giving it a task, in this case to
      follow your breath, and this has kept it busy. This is a sign that
      you are becoming the master and your mind is becoming the servant. It
      will try to distract you and regain the master position. That is what
      the "constant noise" is. Persevere. Be regular in your practice. Your
      mind will tire and submit naturally, eventually. The mind is a very
      good tool, but must be used skillfully, appropriatly. Your intuition,
      your "gut feeling", the heart, is much better for making decisions,
      and the mind is much better at making sure you received the right
      amount of change at the 7-11. The more you give it a task to do,
      like following your breath, it will be occupied and not pursue its
      distracting chatter. Soon your radio will be tuned into the
      strongest, clearest signal there is, the Divine station, OM, and you
      will live happily ever after.

      babspiscot <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hello!
      > I'm rather new in meditation and in this group, trying to find my
      way alone. Naturally, lots of unanswered questions. One that is more
      stringent: when trying to concentrate (following my breath) I am
      able to go on, don't lose the thread, but there are very often all
      kind of thoughts in the back, like a constant noise (would compare it
      with a radio that's not well tuned). It's like having half of my mind
      here and half there. How could I get rid of this? Lately these
      background thoughts are mostly about meditation. Thank you, Edit.
    • babspiscot
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28 7:25 AM
        Hello Bob,
        Thank you for your insight, it was helpful and encouraging. I'd like
        to ask two other questions regarding some personal experiences. One,
        often, when meditating, I feel a kind of pain in my throat, like a
        muscular spasm, it doesn't interfere but worries me a bit. Can I do
        something to stop this, do I do something wrong?
        And second, sometimes, when more focused, I have the feeling of
        splitting in two, a part of me (the "brain") is getting smaller and
        smaller and the other part (?) is growing huge, sometimes like a
        pillar, sometimes more like an ovoid, reaching towards the sky.
        This morning it was different, like a sphere of dense and bright
        white light, surrounding me like a soft cocoon, almost material, it
        felt great, soothing and fulfilling in the same time. I didn't want
        to leave it (had some difficulty getting out and it was one of my
        longest meditations) and had an urge to fill the sphere with love. In
        the same time my body felt like a whole, couldn't differentiate
        between its parts. Am I on the right track or completely out of it?
        Have no idea.
        Thank you for your time and your help. Happy Easter, Edit

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28 8:02 AM
          Dear Edit, You certainly are going in the right direction. The pain in
          the throat is most likely the way your mind is distracting you at this
          time. When you no longer react to this, your mind will come up with
          something else. The splitting in two is very similar to the way that a
          priest named Pere Telil DeChardin (Spelling?), described the path to
          enlightenment. He said that as we begin to be able to concentrate
          better and better, our mind expands greatly as our ego becomes
          smaller. Picture a balloon expanding and filling with pure energy,
          while the amount of impurities remains the same, or even decreases. We
          eventually reach what he called the Omega point, where the balloon is
          so full that it explodes, and we are no longer trapped inside
          anything, and merge with the infinite. He called this state Christ
          Consciousness. He came close to being excommunicated for this, because
          it points to us merging with God, and that was considered heresy. But,
          as Saint Martha would say, "It's a good thing". As a matter of fact it
          is the best thing.
          Yes, this is Easter time, the time of rebirth to everlasting Divine
          experience, and also Passover, the time that death passes over us, and
          we end our slavery. These experiences are the everavailable gifts
          meditation points to. It is appropriate to feel encouraged as we have
          our own Omega point moments. Enjoy!
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., babspiscot <no_reply@y...>