The Quiet Mind

  • Jeff Belyea <jeff@suiteonedesign.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2003

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2003

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2003

          > potentially stressful
          > situations in life.
          >
          > Simple. Direct.
          > Uncomplicated.
          >
          > As we say in Maine,
          > "The way life should be."
          >
          > All in love,
          >
          > Jeff

          G: let's face it everyone has to breathe .... so this is one
          practice that may be taken anywhere ... it can help to center -
          focus - relax and release eventually one may still enough to start
          to witness ... all from simply becoming aware of the breath and
          letting it relax enough to come from the diaphragm (the stomach
          will move) rather than the chest....

          shanti om
        • dan330033
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 28, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "G"
            <crystalkundalini@h...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff
            > Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
            > > Virtually all meditation
            > > and relaxation techniques,
            > > visualization, guided imagery
            > > and self-hypnosis processes
            > > begins with ways to quiet
            > > the internal dialogue that
            > > we are so accustomed to
            > > listening to as self-talk.
            > >
            > > Breath awareness is the
            > > beginning point for most
            > > of these approaches to
            > > achieving (or re-claiming)
            > > peace of mind and inner
            > > strength.
            > >
            > > Even a few minutes of
            > > quiet awareness and
            > > simply following our
            > > breathing rhythm, being
            > > aware of when we are
            > > inhaling and when we
            > > are exhaling, practiced
            > > for even a few days,
            > > can begin to bring on
            > > a sense of peace and
            > > calm that improves our
            > > sense of well-being and
            > > our ability to handle
            > > potentially stressful
            > > situations in life.
            > >
            > > Simple. Direct.
            > > Uncomplicated.
            > >
            > > As we say in Maine,
            > > "The way life should be."
            > >
            > > All in love,
            > >
            > > Jeff
            >
            > G: let's face it everyone has to breathe .... so this is one
            > practice that may be taken anywhere ... it can help to center -
            > focus - relax and release eventually one may still enough to start
            > to witness ... all from simply becoming aware of the breath and
            > letting it relax enough to come from the diaphragm (the stomach
            > will move) rather than the chest....
            >
            > shanti om

            True.

            Breathing is a key activity of organismic life.

            Constrictions to breathing are clues to
            the constricting of the identified being.

            Opening of breathing and opening as energy
            are interconnected.

            -- Dan
          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
              The benefits of practicing
              meditation to quiet the mind
              are many. The more obvious
              are the relaxation of the
              body that ensues from the
              moment we enter any meditation
              technique and the sense of calm
              alertness and focused attention
              that relieves stress, improves
              concentration, and enhances
              listening and comprehension
              skills, creativity and
              productivity, that comes
              with sustained practice.

              The quiet mind is more
              observant and spots opportunity
              and creative solutions, is more
              decisive and efficient in action,
              and spends much less time with the
              "should I...shouldn't I...what if..if only"
              typical of internal chatter.

              AND there are benefits that
              go much deeper. When we are
              able to settle the mind for