So many ways to help

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2002
      I loved the Non-Dual Meditation by Master Aziz Kristof that
      Sworkalpha shared.It will surely be of great benefit to many seekers,
      particularly those who have a good deal of ability to concentrate in
      a very focused, consistant fashion. It is a great blessing to be able
      to have access to such a refined and fine methodology, and that is
      right in line with the function we hope this group will serve. But I
      am reminded of something that happened in our class Monday night. One
      of the ladies had tried the 108, An Easy, Hard Meditation Technique
      that we had reviewed in the previous class. It can be found on our web
      site and is technique #108. To describe it briefly, all it involves
      is inhaling, exhaling, and then counting 1. Then, inhale again,
      exhale and count 2. Continue until you get to 108. It is a terrific
      way to see those things that cause you to lose your focus, and is
      also a good way to chart your progress. What she found was that she
      always lost her concentration by the time she reached 17. This is a
      common situation for beginners. For many people, at first, it is hard
      to concentrate for more than a few moments. We dealt with this in
      class with a discussion of the ways our senses, as well as our
      thoughts and emotions, can distract us, and we will be working on the
      ways we can gain control over these things in our next class. What is
      pertinent about this is that we need to share on many levels, and to
      meet the needs of those who are just trying to deal with stress
      better, as well as to those who just need a little pointer to
      experience Realization of Cosmic Consciousness. So, if you have found
      a way that has helped you improve in your meditation, please don't
      hesitate to share it here. It need not be as eloquently stated as
      Master Aziz's technique that we were just graced with, and it need
      not be aimed at ultimate Enlightenment. We need as much help, and
      perhaps more, with the little things, and welcome whatever insights
      you have to share. I personally look forward to all of our future
      postings, and feel confident that they will be greatly beneficial to
      many.
      Peace and blessings, Bob
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2002
        Dear Bob and Group:

        I haven't read many messages yet but I appreciate it that a group
        like this exists.

        When I have life's problems impinge on my meditation too often I
        sometimes do something about it before I begin to meditate.

        I visualize meditation as a limb of a tree. The limb has leaves on
        it. One of the leaves has the words "unwillness to meditate" on it.
        I pluck this leaf and throw it to the ground with enough force to be
        convincing. The other leaves I visualize myself watering. I touch
        this image with my heart. This somehow overcomes my resistance.

        I have a whole tree with the various aspects of my life represented
        on it and I go to it when I need help.

        It works for me.

        Love
        Bobby G.