Non-dual Meditation - Aziz Kristof

  • Jan Sultan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2002
      For a few moments we will breathe in a special way. Through this breathing
      we initiate you into the practice of non-dual meditation. With each
      inhalation, we breathe into the third eye and stay there as long as
      possible. And with each exhalation, we relax into Being fully. When you
      keep your breath in the third eye, there is a particular energy experience
      and you will recognise it. Feel that the one who recognises this energy
      experience is you, and it is located in the third eye, in the middle of the
      brain. You are yourself this energy. That is the essence of attention.

      ... Silence ...

      That is enough. Still keep energy in the head but in a relaxed way. Now
      repeat a thought like the mantra: 'I Am.' Very slowly, in a very focused
      and contemplative way, 'I Am,' with full awareness. The moment you finish
      saying 'I Am,' before you say the next 'I Am,' feel what remains. This that
      remains is I Am, which is not a thought but your own presence behind the
      thought. So after saying 'I Am,' stop for a while. Feel your own presence,
      that which remains and again say 'I Am.' The one who is aware of the mantra
      'I Am' is awareness. The one who remains when you are not saying anymore 'I
      Am', is awareness itself. Simply recognise this fact that the pure light of
      awareness is beyond thinking.

      ... Silence ...

      Letting go of the mantra, keep your presence in the head area, in a relaxed
      way with a gentle focus. And from that place you let go into Being,
      breathing into the belly, deeply relaxing into non-doing.
      Awareness is reached by turning attention back to itself. There is certain
      self-referral in the mind where the centre is recognised. It is a very
      strong energy experience in the third eye, the essence of intelligence, the
      centre of consciousness.
      Awareness can be recognised directly by turning attention back or can be
      slowly developed by paying attention, for example to the breath. When you
      breathe into your belly, when you remember, when you focus, Awareness grows
      indirectly.
      Being is reached through non-doing. When you are not doing, energy drops
      into Being. But you co-operate for a certain subtle surrender to happen.
      You allow yourself to drop, and with the help of breath, which deepens your
      energy in the Hara, the experience of Being is reached deeper and deeper.
      It becomes more and more expansive, until the point that you simply rest
      fully in the unconditional Samadhi of Being.
      Gently breathing and relaxingÂ… remaining in the centre. This awareness has
      to be like a laser inside you, penetrating your whole body. Just Being,
      even though you are not doing anything, you are. What is it? That which is
      called Being.
      If you do not understand anything mentioned above, please read the following:
      http://www.azizkristof.org/Meditation.html