Question and Answer about counting

    Message 1 of 197 , Sep 29, 2001
      Question<br> How can I concentrate, on not
      concentrating on meditation, while I am counting reps? Granted,
      it distracts me from other interruptions in thought,
      but it creates thought in itself.<br>Answer<br>When
      you do a counting technique, you will soon fall into
      a rhythm and will not have to count. You can just
      sit back in your mind's eye and Witness the show.
      This isn't hard unless your inner chatterer diverts
      your attention. Counting will keep that crazy voice
      still. Soon, it will be a natural progression for your
      mind to cease counting on its own and your body to do
      the breathing on its own, and for you ( your "Real
      Self", your Witness) to soar to the infinite eternal
      divine heights that is your birthright. You are not your
      mind - the thing that counts.<br>Nor are you your body
      - the thing that breaths, or emotions - the thing
      that feels frustration or joy or whatever. They all
      change constantly. You are the awareness within that is
      constant. Counting techniques have the potential to let you
      become familiar with the chatterer and its tricks and
      puts you in the position of being able to choose to
      just continue breathing/counting and not just get up
      and go wherever your chatterer pulls you.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for