mantras

  • sinimat78
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2002
      Namaste! Does anyone use mantras while meditating? I just started
      using the mantra OM and I've had great meditations. Can anyone else
      share their experiences with mantras? Thanks and peace out.
      Matthew
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2002
        Dear Matthew,
        We have a nice article about the OM meditation technique on our
        web site that also deals with mantras in general. The URL is:
        Personally, I love OM, but I find it hard to talk about. OM is
        infinite and eternal, and all our worldly words are so limited that I
        can't find a way to describe my experiences adequately. I do encourage
        you to continue chanting OM. There will come a moment when you have
        become so at one with this divine vibration, that you will join with
        the millions of others who are OMing with you at any given time. And
        that first hand experience of sharing the transcendant unity of
        consciousness will define "mantras" in a way that words can never
        fully capture.
        OM OM OM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., sinimat78 <no_reply@y...>