Re: Online Books

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2002
      Dear Tab, First of all, thanks for pointing to the wonderful online
      book resource. It is very very good. Now, as far as your feeling
      guilty about "undermining the mediative process" by noticing you have
      been distracted by one thing or another, please stop feeling guilt or
      upset, or anything negative. You should be feeling good about it. It
      means that you have been the Witness to your inappropriate
      reactivities, and this awareness is the exact thing that leads to
      liberation from them. So when you see that you have been distracted
      or are acting stupid, or anything like that, just say "Oh well!" and
      Just "Oh well" and back to witnessing your meditation. This method
      should become more and more a part of you "real life" as well.
      Whenever you Witness yourself in negativity, just say "Oh well", and
      do those things, like body awareness, breathing techniques, mantra, or
      whatever you have found helps bring you to a calm meditative state.
      Please start realizing that there are no "bad" meditation sessions,
      and often the ones you thought were bad or disappointing are the
      ones we learn the most from. I hope this helps. So, when you Witness
      yourself being distracted by "thirst, awareness of constrictive
      clothing or a hangnail and other issues", smile - you are getting
      more and more at one with your Witness and that is one of the
      greatest benefits you can gain from meditation.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., tabularosa <no_reply@y...>