stress

  • shst777
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
      it would be so wonderful for subconcious stress to magically just go
      away but it does'nt,to bring it into the knowing mind makes it
      worse.but forgetting about it messes up the nerves.If jesus could
      magically heal everything why is there docotrs?
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., shst777 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > it would be so wonderful for subconcious stress to magically just
        >go away but it does'nt,

        In my own experience I have found the opposite to be true. When I
        meditate, I become a calmer, more relaxed person, with little stress.
        It's not a conscious decision to be more relaxed, it just happens.

        >to bring it into the knowing mind makes it worse.

        Only if you aren't accepting what is. If you are trying to change it.
        Just accept it then let it go. Then you'll see that things will
        get "better".

        You may want to consider if all the things that are stressing you out
        are really worth so much energy. Sometimes just seeing something in a
        new way will help you realize that things aren't as bad as you may
        think.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
          There's a Kir Li Molari quote in the new issue of The Inner Traveler,
          that will be coming out next week, that shares this perspective:
          "You suffer from what you agree to suffer from."