Re: jhndnnse's question: Concentrate, Meditate, Contemplate

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hi - At first, we Concentrate, and then Meditation comes. You were
      probably at the exact point where this change happens. It seems that
      your effort to concentrate had brought you to the meditative
      state point, where the Meditation was starting to come to you (in the
      form of the bright light), and then your mind jumped back in and
      started commenting "hey - that looks like a candle...etc.", and so
      the experience didn't unfold further. The next step would be where
      everything about love would come to you without any effort. That is
      Meditation. Then, what occurs is called Contemplation. Here, you
      merge with the object of your Meditation, in this case Love, and you
      Realize your oneness with it and everything. And you forever after no
      longer feel alone in the universe, and you know yourself to be more
      than just your body, mind, or emotion. A unity of consciousness that
      is cosmic in nature (Cosmic Consciousness) is realized, and you know
      yourself to be infinite and eternal. And you live happily ever after.
      Persevere. Meditate. It is your destiny to have this Grace occur.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "jhndnnse" <jhndnnse@d...>