  • jhndnnse
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hello! I've done a bit researching about meditation and I am very
      glad to find out about this club.

      I tried a certain technique last night that I read at
      meditationsociety.com and I'm not quite sure what state I have
      reached during the meditation.

      I took my sleepiness for granted to meditate thinking it would be
      easier for me to go "deep", it took quite a while after persistent
      saying of "love" in my mind that has been interrupted for a lot of
      times. In a surprising moment, there was a sudden brightness
      (somewhat pink) that appeared like someone deliberately put a light
      directly on my closed eyes. I thought for a moment that maybe it was
      the candle that was lighted but I realized I didn't light the candle
      yet.

      My whole body was numb and very light, I even thought maybe I could
      lift myself into the air. I was holding a candle between my palms and
      I can't even feel I was holding something. My mind was very alert
      now, like I was totally awake, yet my body feels nothing, like I
      exist but only with my head or mind that is present. I still keep on
      saying "love" and other things related to it.

      Though I am pleased with the experience, I still feel I can't release
      the energy I have inside. I was trying to release the love/energy
      inside of me through the candle, but all I could do was say the
      word "love".
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
        Hi - At first, we Concentrate, and then Meditation comes. You were
        probably at the exact point where this change happens. It seems that
        your effort to concentrate had brought you to the meditative
        state point, where the Meditation was starting to come to you (in the
        form of the bright light), and then your mind jumped back in and
        started commenting "hey - that looks like a candle...etc.", and so
        the experience didn't unfold further. The next step would be where
        everything about love would come to you without any effort. That is
        Meditation. Then, what occurs is called Contemplation. Here, you
        merge with the object of your Meditation, in this case Love, and you
        Realize your oneness with it and everything. And you forever after no
        longer feel alone in the universe, and you know yourself to be more
        than just your body, mind, or emotion. A unity of consciousness that
        is cosmic in nature (Cosmic Consciousness) is realized, and you know
        yourself to be infinite and eternal. And you live happily ever after.
        Persevere. Meditate. It is your destiny to have this Grace occur.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "jhndnnse" <jhndnnse@d...>