Re: Spiritual foods and vegetarianism

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 27, 2002
      > Question from Email: Hi, I am so glad I found
      > your web-site. I have been enjoying reading from your
      > site. I need to know about spiritual foods and vegetarianism.

      Answer: As a vegetarian, I obviously am not comfortable with eating
      anything that ever could have life, would try to run for it's life,or
      had a face. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this method is
      good for everyone. I feel that there is a very accurate way to judge
      what is "good" or "bad". And that is : If something takes your peace
      away, it is bad, and if something brings you real peace, it is good.
      So, if you feel all right about eating meat, fish, or poultry, for
      you, it's OK. Similarly, there are specific instructions in the
      ancient texts about what is proper to eat and what is not, and
      depending on the religion or belief system we would study, it may
      vary widely. So, if you have a feeling that you are "sinning" by
      eating certain food, this might be as distracting as eating things
      that upset you physically. This brings me back to the basic suggestion
      that you must find what brings you peace and what takes it
      away, and discard the things in your life, including the types of
      food that distract you from serenity. I hope this helps.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for