Re: Statistics

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 26, 2002
      Dear Tab,<br>I'm surprised to see that you have
      found most of the members to be men. Maybe it's just
      those who post. I do know that our classes are usually
      over 80% females. As far as a walking meditation, if
      you pay attention to your breath, you will be able to
      focus on the present moment very nicely, including
      while walking. Meditators who do mantra also have found
      this to be a functional way to witness their life
      while walking. Simply sensing your "Being" while
      walking is a very old traditional method as well. The
      main thing is well told in the story of the Zen master
      who was asked what the most important thing in life
      was. He answered "Attention". When asked to elaborate,
      he answered "Attention, attention, attention!". So,
      in whatever way you have found that lets you be able
      to pay attention, do so, while walking, sitting,
      whatever, and you will be able to know true meditation and
      reap its evolutionary, freeing from suffering
      benefits.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: