Re: someone new/ a question

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 26, 2002
      Dear Carrie,<br>Welcome. I'm going to answer you
      with something I copied from post #182:<br>What is
      possibly going on is that your mind has found a way to
      distract you from concentrating on the object of your
      meditation. This happens to every meditator as the mind tries
      to maintain it's master position over you, and keep
      you it's slave. Meditation more and more makes you
      the master, and the mind will start giving you
      confusing and/or wonderous visions, or make your body or
      emotions do weird things, in its effort to distract you.
      Persevere. You will surely become the master and the mind
      will become a very beneficial servant. <br><br>Now,
      I'd like to explain that why I answered your question
      this way. It is to point out that this message board
      can be used as a FAQ source, and if you read some of
      the previous posts and the answers to the questions,
      you may find this to be a good place to find
      information. Also, have you checked out our web site,
      Meditation Station? It is
      we hope that this is happening because many have
      found it to be a beneficial resource. I hope we will be
      able to help you in your meditation mastery.
      Meditation should be, and will be, with practice, a very
      pleasant way to gain greater self knowledge, self control,
      and greater peace and happiness.<br>Peace and
      blessings,<br>Bob Rose, President,<br>Meditation Society of America
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for