Re: Sanity in the Psych Unit

    Message 1 of 197 , Sep 20, 2001
      Dear Tony,<br>I think you have the right idea.
      When we take our focus off of our little selfish
      egoistic outlook and view the world in a wider selfless,
      truly compassionate manner, we approach actually acting
      in a humane way.<br>It is wonderfully educational
      working in a Psych ward and offers many opportunities to
      be helpful in a real way to those who can't help
      themselves. I have the honor and pleasure of often being able
      to have a small part in a process that reverses
      suffering, sometimes only temporarily, but often
      longlasting, and there is no millionare who feels better about
      what they are doing when that occurs. I still have
      alot to learn about the disease processes that are
      involved and feel humbled often by the complexity. I'm
      sure that by having lived with it in your family, you
      have a vast experience and understanding that I will
      never attain. But I do appreciate the opportunity I
      have now to learn. I can only guess, but since I
      believe that you only get stronger from facing
      challanges, I think you must be as strong as steel, and have
      a wisdom that few could know from only having
      second hand knowledge. I wish you peace and blessings.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for