Re: newbie with a few questions

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 26, 2002
      Sometimes when we are around other people, our
      mind starts to rev up, asking questions like "Am I in
      danger?" "Is what I say OK, or will it offend these people
      in some way?" "Am I exposing some fault in myself in
      some way?" and so on. Meditation is a wonderful way to
      gain control of our mind and not let it run loose in
      ways that take our peace away. Meditation lets us be
      aware of our actions, words, and thoughts. And when
      they are upsetting, we can ignore them or change them
      to serenity producing ones. The more you meditate,
      the less you will find it difficult to be around
      people when your mind is racing. You will be able to end
      the race and take a calmer pace. Similarly, you will
      find your life becoming saner, less stressed, and more
      peaceful. It is one of the most healthy and helpful things
      you can do for yourself. I wish you well.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for