Search Conversations Function at MeditationSociety

  • walterhorn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2014
      Hi, Bob.

      I find that with some yahoo groups I belong to, I can use the Search Conversations function.  Here, though, I get the following error message:

      Oops!
      Polls feature not enabled

      Is this something you can enable so the archives will be useful?

      Thanks.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2014
        We definitely used to have the search function working. It seems that there is a "Poll" part of the management that is now not functioning and I've requested the Groups community site to give directions as to how to turn it back on. I think our 18,000+ posts well serve as a valuable meditation resource and look forward to having it functional again very soon. I'll post as soon as a solution has led to this happening.
        Thanks for pointing to this problem.
      • walterhorn
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2014
          I found this on Yahoo Answers:

          Answers (3)

          Relevance
          • a t answered 14 hours ago
            This work-around does not work if the moderators allow members to hide their email addresses from the group. By default, polls are not enabled.
            • Award Best Answer
            • 0
              0

            • Comment
          • shalf answered 18 hours ago
            It is a bug, there is a work-around: set the Access Control for the group's Poll feature (I kid you not) to "Member" or "Limited".

            Reported here:

            searching conversations leads to "oops poll feature not enabled"
            https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/20945...
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2014
            There appears to be many other Forums that also are experiencing the same Oops problem. None of the suggested do-it-ourselves fixes have worked so far, and it's possible that only Yahoo itself can repair what may be a virus or something similar.

            Oh well! Luckily for us, we have a real workaround/fix for this (and every "problem") ...  employing a meditative perspective and not letting this little bump in the internet road take our peace away.

            Peace and blessing,