The Zen of the Buddha

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 1:50 PM
      "I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes.
      I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles.
      I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see
      myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the
      greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive
      the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians.
      I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade
      in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as
      flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of
      a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the
      judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon,
      and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

      Buddha
      permission from the copyright owner.