The Paradox of Consciousness

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      "The supreme paradox of all thought is the attempt
      to discover something that thought cannot think."
      A conscious human knows something and he knows that
      he knows it (ad infinitum). The paradox of consciousness
      is not that we are aware of ourselves but of other
      things as well, including those that do not constitute
      the 'real world'. Of course, when we 'conceive' or
      imagine something 'unreal' even our farthest imagination
      cannot transcend 'known' symbolism, which is why there
      are some things that defy definition. One of these is
      'consciousness' itself.

      Kierkegaard
      permission from the copyright owner.