Compassion Is Not Weakness

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 10:15 AM
      "Sometimes we think that to develop an open heart,
      to be truly loving and compassionate, means that we need
      to be passive, to allow others to abuse us, to smile and
      let anyone do what they want with us. Yet this is not what
      is meant by compassion. Quite the contrary. Compassion is
      not at all weak. It is the strength that arises out of
      seeing the true nature of suffering in the world. Compassion
      allows us to bear witness to that suffering, whether it is
      in ourselves or others, without fear. It allows us to name
      injustice without hesitation, and to act strongly, with all
      the skill at our disposal. To discover this mind state of
      compassion is to learn to live, as the Buddha put it, with
      sympathy for all living beings, without exception."
      The Dalai Lama
    • Shelia Chughtai
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 6:46 AM
        Peace Be Unto You:

        This was very beautiful and inspiring.

        Shelia

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7 7:04 PM
          God Bless you. I have discovered a new meaning of compassion.
          Tapan M Chowdhury