Space Consciousness

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2013
      "I see the emergence of space consciousness as the next
      stage in the evolution of humanity. By space consciousness
      I mean that in addition to our being fully conscious of
      thingsâ€"that is to say of sense perceptions, thoughts, emotions,
      and whatever happens in our livesâ€"there is at the same time
      an undercurrent of awareness or Presence operating in us.
      Awareness implies that we are not only conscious of things,
      such as the objects and the people around us, but we are
      also conscious at the same time of being conscious. Conscious
      of the timeless I AM without which there would be no world.
      We can sense an inner alert stillness in the background while
      things happen in the foreground. That is the unconditioned.
      That is true intelligence. If there is only object consciousness
      in our lives, we remain trapped in the conditioned, trapped
      in form, which creates an appearance of separation. We are
      always trying to change the form or are resisting it in some way.
      We are looking to the world of form for salvation. But when we
      are aware of space consciousness, aware of being aware, we are
      freed from identification with form, which is ego, and there
      arises within us a sense of oneness with the whole and with
      our Source."

      Eckhart Tolle
      permission from the copyright owner.