How to Be as Happy as Buddha

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 3:11 PM
      “Try to be mindful, and let things take their
      natural course. Then your mind will become still
      in any surroundings, like a clear forest pool.
      All kinds of wonderful, rare animals will come
      to drink at the pool, and you will clearly see
      the nature of all things. You will see many strange
      and wonderful things come and go, but you will be still.
      This is the happiness of the Buddha.”

      Ajahn Chah
      permission from the copyright owner.
    • Krishna Agrawal
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2013
        If you leave your mind take its natural course it will always make you fall into pit. Our mind is the like the rope of chariot which controls the horse (our sensory organs). If the person sitting inside the chariot do not have control of the rope then the horse will always run and fall into a pit. The same way if we (our soul) do not have control over the mind we can never get happiness.

        Buddha attained happiness but such a long days of meditation. How can we get happiness but just mere having some thoughts. Until and unless we will practice the same meditation we can never attain happiness. The meditation which he practiced is extremely unique but has been mentioned in almost all religious text and is same everywhere.

        Regards,
        Krishna

        “Try to be mindful, and let things take their
        natural course. Then your mind will become still
        in any surroundings, like a clear forest pool.
        All kinds of wonderful, rare animals will come
        to drink at the pool, and you will clearly see
        the nature of all things. You will see many strange
        and wonderful things come and go, but you will be still.
        This is the happiness of the Buddha.â€

        Ajahn Chah
        permission from the copyright owner.

      • J K
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2013
          Krishna- If my memory serves me well, Buddha is largely about the natural laws of Karma - as every action has a reaction - as what we do will return to us.

          jK