Witnessing Your Thoughts

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2013
      As we have talked about before, before every action there are
      words, and before the words, there are thoughts. The suggestion
      is to be a witness to your thoughts and this will lead to having
      Self-Control over them, your words, and your actions. Free from
      simply reacting, you can finally truly have the peace, serenity,
      and clarity you have always been seeking. This is when you can be
      said to have Free Will.

      H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche shares here a wonder-full pointing
      to what it is like to sit in the posture of Being the Witness to
      your life as it takes place. Enjoy!

      "These trains of thought and states of mind are constantly
      changing, like the shapes of clouds in the wind. But we attach
      great importance to them. An old man watching children play
      knows very well that their games are of little consequence.
      He feels neither elated or upset at what happens in their game,
      while the children take it very seriously. We are exactly them."

      (from The Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones)
      permission from the copyright owner.