I Am I

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2013
      MAIṬREYA-UPANISHAḌ OF SĀMAVEḌA
      Aḍhyāya III

      "I am "I" (the Self). I am also another (the not-Self). I am
      Brahman. I am the Source (of all things). I am also the Guru
      of all worlds. I am of all the worlds. I am He. I am Myself
      alone. I am Siḍḍha. I am the Pure. I am the Supreme. I am.
      I am always He. I am the Eternal. I am stainless. I am Vijñāna.
      I am the Excellent. I am Soma. I am the All. I am without honour
      or dishonour. I am without Guṇas (qualities). I am Śiva (the auspicious). I am neither dual or non-dual. I am without
      the dualities (of heat or cold, etc.) I am He. I am neither
      existence nor non-existence. I am without language. I am the
      Shining. I am the Glory of void and non-void. I am the good
      and the bad. I am Happiness. I am without grief. I am Chaiṭanya.
      I am equal (in all). I am the like and the non-like. I am
      the eternal, the pure, and the ever felicitous. I am without
      all and without not all. I am Sāṭṭwika. I am always existing.
      I am without the number one. I am without the number two.
      I am without the difference of Saṭ and Asaṭ. I am without
      Saṅkalpa. I am without the difference of manyness. I am the
      form of immeasurable Bliss. I am one that exists not. I am
      the one that is not another. I am without body, etc. I am
      with asylum. I am without asylum. I am without support. I am
      without bondage or emancipation. I am the pure Brahman. I am He.
      I am without Chiṭṭa, etc. I am the supreme and the Supreme of
      the supreme. I am ever of the form of deliberation and yet am
      without deliberation. I am He. I am of the nature of the Akāra
      and Ukāra as also of Makāra. I am the earliest. The contemplator
      and contemplation I am without. I am One that cannot be
      contemplated upon. I am He. I have full form in all. I have
      characteristics of Sachchiḍānanḍa. I am of the form of places
      of pilgrimages. I am the higher Self and Śiva. I am neither
      the thing defined nor non-defined. I am the non-absorbed Essence.
      I am not the measurer, the measure or the measured. I am Śiva.
      I am not the universe. I am the Seer of all. I am without the
      eyes, etc. I am the full grown. I am the Wise. I am the Quiescent.
      I am the Destroyer. I am without any sensual organs. I am the
      doer of all actions. I am One that is content with all Veḍānṭas (either books or Āṭmic Wisdom). I am the easily attainable. I
      have the name of one that is pleased as well as one that is not.
      I am the fruits of all silence. I am always of the form of
      Chinmāṭra (Absolute Consciousness). I am always Saṭ (Be-ness)
      and Chiṭ (Consciousness). I am one that has not anything in
      the least. I am not one that has not anything in the least.
      I am without the heart-Graṇthi (knot). I am the Being in the
      middle of the lotus. I am without the six changes. I am without
      the six sheaths and without the six enemies. I am within the
      within. I am without place and time. I am of the form of
      happiness having the quarters as My garment. I am the
      emancipated One, without bondage. I am without the "no".
      I am of the form of the part-less. I am the partless. I have
      Chiṭṭa, though released from the universe. I am without the
      universe. I am of the form of all light. I am the Light (Jyoṭis)
      in Chinmāṭra (Absolute Consciousness). I am free from the
      three periods (of time past, present, and future). I am
      without desires. I am without body. I am One that has no body.
      I am Guṇaless. I am alone. I am without emancipation. I am
      the emancipated One. I am ever without emancipation. I am
      without truth or untruth. I am always One that is not different
      from Saṭ (Be-ness). I have no place to travel. I have no going,
      etc. I am always of the same form. I am the Quiescent. I am Purushoṭṭama (the Lord of Souls). There is no doubt that he
      who has realised himself thus, is Myself. Whoever hears (this)
      once becomes himself Brahman, yea, he becomes himself Brahman.
      Thus is the Upanishaḍ."