Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Mar 30, 2013
      Free from Identification

      "You are not the mind, not the body. They are your instruments.
      You are not your intellect. You should teach yourself to be
      completely free from wrong identification. When you really
      understand that you are not the body, when the skin droops a
      little you won't be unhappy, you won't try to have plastic
      surgery for that, because after all it's just skin. If you have
      a lot of money in the bank, you say, `Oh I am rich.' All of a
      sudden, if the bank collapses, do you become poor? Don't
      identify yourself with money, name, position, the body, the
      mind and so on. Then you will really enjoy this life and the
      world. When you know that you are different from what you possess,
      then you won't allow those things to possess, define and bind you.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      The year 2014 marks the auspicious occassion of the
      centennial (100th birth anniversary) of Sri Gurudev
      Swami Satchidananda.

      Please join Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville and Integral Yoga International in creating a Global Garlandin celebration of the Centennial and to honor the many contributions of by the world
      by Sri Gurudev. During 2013 we hope you will join us in planning special events, programs, activities, that will be a growing and inspiring global garland to offer Sri Gurudev during 2014.
      The Global Garland officially begins on December 22, 2013 with
      the opening of an Ayurvedic Center in Pune, India in honor of
      Sri Gurudev and will culminate back in India on December 22, 2014 with the dedication of the Light Of Truth Universal Shrine under construction now at Satchidananda Alayam (Sri Gurudev's birthplace) in Chettipalayam (South India). Be a part of the Global Garland
      by visiting our Facebook pages and sharing your ideas and
      activities so that the entire year of 2014 is filled with
      offerings that share the timeless teachings of Yoga that we
      have been so blessed to receive from Sri Gurudev.

      Thank you. Om Shanti. Jai Gurudev!

      Here's the page - www.facebook.com/GlobalGarland

      Here's the group's page - facebook.com/groups/GlobalGarland

      To post to the group (after joining) by email - GlobalGarland@...
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)