Jnana Yoga (The yoga of wisdom)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      Jnana Yoga is the yoga of wisdom. Basically it directs
      us to come to know the reality of who and what our Real Self
      is. Who and what we are is consciousness and we are at one
      with the source of all things and all consciousness. One of
      the methods Jnana Yogis use for coming to the realization
      of our oneness is stimulated by meditating on certain phrases
      such as "That thou art", "Consciousness is Brahman (The
      supreme Reality)", "I am Brahman", and "This Self is Brahman".
      Of these, it is said that the first, "That thou art", is the
      greatest and gives birth to the other three.

      For centuries seekers of Enlightenment have meditated on
      these statements and enjoyed the divine reward they sought.
      In these turbulent times it is still appropriate to spend time
      and energy in contemplation on these liberating concepts. It
      is also worthwhile to meditate on other concepts. The criteria
      we must use to determine if a concept or technique is "good for
      us" is very simple - if it brings you peace, it is. And if it
      causes you to lose your peace, it is "bad".

      In Jnana, virtually everything that deals with becoming
      less ego-centered and more universal in perspective is
      considered beneficial and worth meditating on. Here are a
      few thoughts that may bring you peace...

      1. Only the selfish suffer.

      2. In this Now, everything's sweet.

      3. You are not apart from the universe; you are not "here"
      and the rest of the universe "there". You are a part of the
      universe, at one with it.

      4. The only thing telling you something's wrong is your mind. Nevermind!

      5. Time is subjective. Be objective - don't let time subject
      you. Whenever anything happens, it is the right time for it
      to occur.

      6. Your body is a collection of atoms that has changed its' construction and composition 100% since you first started
      reading this. You are not your body. You are that which can
      witness its' changes.

      7. The tongue is the hardest sense instrument to tame. Our need
      to comment is obsessive and compulsive. Chasing after taste
      bud pleasure is slavery. Witness your inner silence and be free.

      8. It is good not to suffer. But suffering helps you grow because
      it makes you strong, compassionate, and humble. These are very
      good qualities. So suffering is also good. When you realize this,
      you can give thanks and praise when you don't suffer and when
      you do. Stop suffering from thinking suffering is only something
      that makes you suffer.

      9. Your inner Real Self is beautiful, pure, luminous, and
      glorious. This essence is yours eternally. Don't worry for a
      second about your external beauty. If you're in touch with your
      inner beauty, your outer beauty will be beautiful.

      10. If you help less, you will be helpless.

      11. Every breath is a gift of love from above. Fill with this
      love with every inhale and send it out with every exhale.

      12. The most serene person is the most selfless person.
      The saddest person is the most selfish person.